Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of resources for female-only handgun shooting training?

Simple, intermediate, and advanced?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
MP, is the intent to have the training geared toward females, such as issues with carry, i.e. on body, in purse, etc., or to have a class with only females in it to keep down the bravado?

If it's the latter, I assume you could get a small group of women together just about anywhere that training if done and have a class of their own. If it's the former...sorry, I can't help there.

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that where they teach you to kill the only viable pro-gun bill during the end of a legislative session?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,147 Posts
separate but equal

Do female police officers get special firearms training, different from the men, and separate from the male officers?

Do teenage girls get different driving instruction from the kind taught to teenage boys?

I don't see the reason for a women's only class. Classes should be organized according to skill level and experience, regardless of gender.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I don't have a problem with coed classes but some women do... and if offering a single sex class gets them to come then so what at least they are shooting. some women learn to shoot purely for self protection and don't actually like it (i don't understand that but know some) versus most guys I have met really like shooting.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
If a women only class gets them into shooting, so be it.

glockgirl, use this in your sigline:
Code:
[url=www.GeorgiaCarry.org]GeorgiaCarry.org[/url] Member

·
Professional Troll
2,129 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Is that where they teach you to kill the only viable pro-gun bill during the end of a legislative session?
:rotfl: :puke:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I aim to please. I also aim for the ten-ring.

·
68,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: separate but equal

gunsmoker said:
Do female police officers get special firearms training, different from the men, and separate from the male officers?

Do teenage girls get different driving instruction from the kind taught to teenage boys?

I don't see the reason for a women's only class. Classes should be organized according to skill level and experience, regardless of gender.
Ain't asking for reasons. Just a class. :wink:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I can't remember if the Georgia Range and Guns up the road from me (behind the ATL Farmer's Market) offers a women's only training class or if it's just a ladies night shooting event where the ladies get 2 for 1 range time.

I'll have to check back into that.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
We have done a lot of women only classes and have had great success with them. If any of the ladies would like to attend one let me know and we will schedule another one.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Usually in Carrollton Ga.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Foul said:
I can't remember if the Georgia Range and Guns up the road from me (behind the ATL Farmer's Market) offers a women's only training class or if it's just a ladies night shooting event where the ladies get 2 for 1 range time.

I'll have to check back into that.
Women shoot free on Wednesdays, there.

David Aldea teaches firearm safety classes there. Most of the attendees are female, but he doesn't cover anything female specific.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
We now have a ladies only class listed on the web site. If someone can come up with 6 ladies she can shoot free.

www.firearmz.net

1 - 17 of 17 Posts