felonies/ violent crime/ all crime committed by GFL holders?

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Minuteman, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman New Member

Do we have any statistics that would indicate crime/particularly violent crime committed by GFL holders? A surrogate would be like what we know from Florida (see Gun Facts) that says that of the one plus million CCW permit holders, 141 have been revoked since the shall issue law was implemented.
    I have searched until I can't search any more. Does anyone have that kind of info or know how to find it?
    I am going to Rome Public Safety Committee meeting today and that type discussion might come up as they consider the parks ban repeal. I was told by a "for us" commissioner that one of the committee members was trying to say "so what if just GFL holders can carry in parks, what keeps them from getting mad, getting drunk, and shooting people?"
    I can deal with the obvious answer of the credibility of the FBI background check and who is excluded and I can get the national stats and Florida and Texas stats that Gun Facts reports but I would like to have Georgia facts.
    If we don't have that info, seems to me that we should try to get it. Open records act?

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Re: felonies/ violent crime/ all crime committed by GFL hold

There isn't a record to open.

There is no central database of GFL holders (thankfully). Therefore, it would be nearly impossible to compile statistical data about that particular segment of the population.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We obtained the numbers for licenses issued (slightly more than 59,000 in 2005 alone). I bet the revocation numbers exist somewhere.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Where did that info come from? What other info do they (whoever they are) have about GFL holders?

6. Malum Prohibitum

You must have missed it. There is a new post on it today . . .

7. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I'm not sure what the total population was in GA in 2005 but I would assume that GFL holders would account for less that 5%.

8. Malum Prohibitum

More than 8 million. But remember that the licenses issued were just for one year, and they are good for 5 years.
    3.75%

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

MP, the 3.75 is the percentage of GFL holders, right? I think he's asking for the percentage of violent offenders that are GFL holders. If 3.75% is the answer to that, it's a lot higher than I thought :(

10. Malum Prohibitum

That is 300,000 divided by 8,000,000. I have no idea on the revocations or crimes.