Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning federal 45 acp ammo recall warning

Certain lots of recently manufactured 45 Auto ammunition may contain an incorrect propellant
charge. Use of product from these lots may result in firearm damage and possible
serious injury.
DO NOT USE PRODUCT FROM THE FOLLOWING LOTS:
If you have in your possession any 45 Auto with the following brand names and part numbers,
check to see if your ammunition package contains the above lots: American Eagle® (AE45A,
AE45N1, or AE45A250), Champion™ (WM5233), GoldMedal® (GM45B), Hi-Shok® (45C, 45D)
and Federal® Personal Defense® (C45C, C45D). Example below:
The examples below show where you
THIS WARNING APPLIES ONLY TO THE LOTS LISTED ABOVE.
If you possess ammunition from any of these lots, or have questions concerning this warning, please contact us
at 1-800-831-0850 or 1-800-322-2342 and ask for Product Service. Federal will provide replacement product
and will cover the cost of returning the affected product.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
LOT # LOCATED
PART # LOCATED
38X628 through 38X765
38T401 through 38T414
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
Thanks for posting this.

Darn, all I have is Federal .45ACP. Those boxes looked different from the ones I have. Is it FMJ or JHP or both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Yes, thanks for posting this. Looks like I've got a lot of ammo to check this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
I might have a box of questionable .45ACP. I picked up a box of 230gr FMJ about 2 weeks ago from WM. I wanted to try a friends new Kimber and didn't want to use my reloads in someone else's new toy. Maybe he got lucky because we never opened this box..........
Looks like I have to make a call in the am.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
galvatron said:
I might have a box of questionable .45ACP. I picked up a box of 230gr FMJ about 2 weeks ago from WM. I wanted to try a friends new Kimber and didn't want to use my reloads in someone else's new toy. Maybe he got lucky because we never opened this box..........
Looks like I have to make a call in the am.
If it's the red box stuff that's it. I went in to WalMart tonight and the cashier went to ring up a few of those for me and the register said "Cannot sell item" so he had to stick it under the counter.

I had to spend a couple extra bucks for Remington UMC instead...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
The recall notice seems to indicate this is ammo of 'recent' manufacture, but does anyone have any type of date range?

I have quite a bit of Federal Champion 45ACP stocked away, but it's been a few months since I bought any. I hate to drag it all out and check it, but I guess to be safe I should.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
Hopefully, this never gets anywhere near a transferable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Blake said:
If it's the red box stuff that's it. I went in to WalMart tonight and the cashier went to ring up a few of those for me and the register said "Cannot sell item" so he had to stick it under the counter.

I had to spend a couple extra bucks for Remington UMC instead...
That's the stuff. Went to WM last night to pick up some ammo for an IDPA match and they had one box left on the shelf, same deal at the register... would not allow the sale. CSM came back and said they'd sold 4 boxes earlier in the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,548 Posts
jwhunt said:
Blake said:
If it's the red box stuff that's it. I went in to WalMart tonight and the cashier went to ring up a few of those for me and the register said "Cannot sell item" so he had to stick it under the counter.

I had to spend a couple extra bucks for Remington UMC instead...
That's the stuff. Went to WM last night to pick up some ammo for an IDPA match and they had one box left on the shelf, same deal at the register... would not allow the sale. CSM came back and said they'd sold 4 boxes earlier in the day.
Went by WM today and was told they just sent back all of their Federal .45 ammo this morning. So they were completely out. Had to pay range prices. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Crap, I've only gone through a small part of my stash and already found four. I'm hoping that's it since most of the other ammo was purchased prior to the stash I went through. At least we know not to use it, but I hate to have to deal with the return process. Better than having an issue I guess. Once again, thanks for posting this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,535 Posts
But this COULD be some of their HydraShoks and HST's right? I know some of my federal which are HydraShoks says personal defense on it or something. I think I'll check just to be on the safe side. The only Ammo I have and keep is Federal... and that's quite a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Federal on the time line for replacing this ammo. I sent my boxes back via UPS three weeks ago and haven't heard a word from them about replacement. Fortunately, this was a minor amount of my total .45 ACP, but I still would like to get it back in a timely manner.

Anyone received their replacement ammo yet, and how long did it take???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
I haven't heard anything back as far as a timeline goes either and sent mine back a week or so ago. I'm guessing they are just really backed up between responding to replacement requests and trying to get normal stock levels out to stores again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
score69 said:
I haven't heard anything back as far as a timeline goes either and sent mine back a week or so ago. I'm guessing they are just really backed up between responding to replacement requests and trying to get normal stock levels out to stores again?
Good point. I have talked to several friends who also had some of the recalled ammo, so this was apparently a large problem for Federal. I am not upset with them, as I am sure they have their hands full right now - just mostly curious as to whether anyone had heard anything about replacement.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top