Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Past audits overlooked errors found May 23 in the three-man audit. More than that, Horsley said, a past auditor had even OK'd or recommended some of the red-flagged procedures. ...

Marshall would not comment on why ... the Spokane Area ATF supervisor, had participated in the audit. She would not say why errors ... were not raised before. ...
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/200 ... 113584.txt

KABA Note: Coincidentally enough, this latest 'review' occurred 'on the heels' of an interview on 'Talkin' To America'. See update at JPFO.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
If I am reading this correctly once again we see one government employee saying and doing one thing and another employee doing the opposite.

I guess this just shows how one cop here may arrest you for OC and the other may not.

F&^%ing wonderful!

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://redstradingpost.blogspot.com/200 ... tions.html

Yesterday, "BATFE has submitted a letter to Judge Edward Lodge requesting the termination of the preliminary injunction that was granted to Red's Trading Post on April 30th by Judge Lodge."

One of the employees documented Young stating to the other Agents during the audit, 'We'll do this again and again and again until this is done. I mean done. Sooner or Later it will be done, something will be found.'

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/06/r ... r-day.html

"I don’t mean to sound facetious, your Honor, but I have worked for many years ensuring compliance with stringent government regulations across a wide variety of industriesâ€"from defense contracting, to pharmaceutical and medical device production, to medical practice managementâ€"and have never seen anything this intentionally petty and calculating, with but one goal in mind: destruction of the “insolent†who refuse to grovel, rather than public safety."

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/200 ... 113755.txt

TWIN FALLS - Federal agents for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are once again asking an Idaho federal judge to deny an embattled local gun shop permission to sell guns. The agency's latest request comes after agents found three new violations on May 23.

U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge had granted relief to Red's Trading Post after the ATF revoked Red's license March 5 for numerous violations. The ATF had exaggerated some of its findings, the judge wrote in court records. Lodge delayed the ATF's sanction until he delivers his final ruling.

According to the May 23 audit, Red's has not been filing its gun sales in an appropriate order. Agents also claim Red's did not seek proof that a resident alien buying a gun lived 90 days continuously in Idaho before the sale. ATF also claims Red's left out a mailing address from a box on the gun sales form in 34 applications.
Not filing in appropriate order means chronological v. alphabetical. The alien resident, it turns out, is not prohibited. I do not know anymore about the mailing address yet.

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
http://www.magicvalley.com/articles/2007/06/07/news/local_state/113755.txt

TWIN FALLS - Federal agents for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are once again asking an Idaho federal judge to deny an embattled local gun shop permission to sell guns. The agency's latest request comes after agents found three new violations on May 23.

U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge had granted relief to Red's Trading Post after the ATF revoked Red's license March 5 for numerous violations. The ATF had exaggerated some of its findings, the judge wrote in court records. Lodge delayed the ATF's sanction until he delivers his final ruling.

According to the May 23 audit, Red's has not been filing its gun sales in an appropriate order. Agents also claim Red's did not seek proof that a resident alien buying a gun lived 90 days continuously in Idaho before the sale. ATF also claims Red's left out a mailing address from a box on the gun sales form in 34 applications.
Not filing in appropriate order means chronological v. alphabetical. The alien resident, it turns out, is not prohibited. I do not know anymore about the mailing address yet.
The ATF told them to file chronological v. alphabetical in the last audit, this audit they say that is incorrect.

The alien resident had proof of 60 days of residency instead of 90.

The 34 applications had left off the street address because there was not enough room to put the full address on the application, so Reds made a copy of all 34 applicants drivers license and had them on file too (again I think the ATF in a prior audit said it was ok to do it that way).

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This Just In

Following the Premiere of the JPFO Documentary The Gang, which exposes the abuses of the ATF. This morning 3 ATF Agents came in, including Area Supervisor Linda Young from Spokane, the other Agents Kylie Williamson and John Hansen from Boise.
They are at this moment searching our records for more violations.
http://redstradingpost.blogspot.com/200 ... st-in.html

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today's visit by the ATF

Well here is todays recap, ATF Area Supervisor Linda Young came in today from Spokane, Washington (567.72 miles; 9 hour drive) along with Industry Operations Inspectors Calvin Pavey and Mike Gorewicz from Portland, Oregon (570.96 miles; 9 hour drive) at around 9:45am. They showed up in a rented newer model Chrysler with Ada County plates (they evidently flew in to Boise and rented a car. ) I appears that they are staying at Best America Suites, which I have to compliment them on their taste, that is a very nice hotel for this area.
They began to go through our books, searching intently for some errors. One of our supporters came in and began taking some photos of them. We had been recording the audit because of some of the statements that Linda Young had made in the past and because of the countless times the Inspectors have contradicted themselves or added their own interpretations to the policies.
Ms. Young at one point began to yell at me . . .

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why do they get away with this nonsense?

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Why do they get away with this nonsense?
Hopefully, and from the way reds is handleing this it is, the the ATF is simply providing hard proof of how vindictive and incompetent they really are.

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
68,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:shock:

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2007/07/b ... -reds.html

I've been sitting on some facts for a few days at the request of Ryan Horsley. BATFU had threatened him that he needed to cease all blogging and keep their agents and inspectors free from being photographed or observed, or they would go to the judge and file a complaint of harassment.
. . .

Here, as Paul Harvey says, is the rest of the story:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts