FB help

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Bkite, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Anyone here know how to delete a facebook account? Thanks in advance

2. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

Thanks. I did go to FB prior to the above post and was obviously doing something wrong because when I searched "delete account", I kept getting lead to advice on deleting vs deactivating or some such.
    Thanks a lot for the information

3. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Just be aware that what they call "deleting" is actually just making your account inactive, which means it is still there.

When I closed mine a few years ago, I had to jump through hoops, and even go through a 2 week waiting period before it was actually finalized. They don't make it easy at all, and you can't just simply click on a "delete account" icon and make it happen. I know that all of my stuff prior to that still exists somewhere, and wasn't erased, but at least my account really was closed.

Maybe things are different or easier now, but I doubt it.

4. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I never had a FB account. It's annoying when someone post a link to a FB page and it pops up with the sign in or register to view. If you want a web page then just get a host and put on it what ever you want without someone telling you what you can have. Yes it will cost you but shop around and you can find good deals from around $100 per year.

5. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I know. And I have run across something similar on Pinterest. I do a web search and one of the hits is a Pinterest page. I click on it, just to look at a picture of something, and it won't let me see it without logging in. I don't think it does that every time, but I have seen it a few times.