Fayette Co. ALERT!

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 8, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GUN BAN ALERT!
    Fayette County is considering adopting a preempted ordinance on possession or use of firearms in its parks. Please see this GCO post immediately!

Board of Commissioners meeting is this Thursday evening!

GCO's John Monroe was interviewed by the local newspaper, so hopefully the fact that this ordinance is preempted will make it into print before the meeting.

While we have been successful in repealing two of these ordinances, they are trying to sneak in a new one!

Please make plans to attend if possible. Even if you are not speaking, it helps for the Fayette County Board of Commissioners to see a crowd supporting those who will be speaking.

After the meeting, the group will meet to socialize at a local restaurant (looking for one without alcohol).

2. Malum Prohibitum

Simply showing up is 90% of the battle!

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

MP and other GCO members,
    I must apologize in advance for my absence from this one. I simply can not get off work with two days notice. I feel especially bad about this given the amount of folks that traveled all the way down to Lee County (northern Cuba) in support of our fight to repeal their illegal ban. I will be with you in spirit and hopefully the precedent that was set at Lee County will help sway the board. I highly encourage all members who are able to attend to do so. I really think the "show of force" we had here was instrumental in getting our ordinance repealed by unanimous vote. Keep up the good fight!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:( I'm leaving for Orlando early Thursday morning.

5. john

john New Member

My back yard , I will be there!

6. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I have an appointment that afternoon, but I will try to make it.
    I changed my App. Planning on being there.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Anyone in the Duluth/Alpharetta/John's Creek area want to carpool?

8. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Ramm,

Let me know if you received my PM

9. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I can come and I will pick up anyone along the 316/85/75 route from athens if they want to carpool... Just PM me.

I get off at 5 pm and it says about 1 hr 45 min drive so I will have to hoof it unless the boss has pity on me and lets me leave early (which is a good possibility :) )

Can someone who knows give me an exact street address for the car nav system ( I get lost easily )?

10. Malum Prohibitum

Atlanta traffic . . .

If you manage to get even one passenger, GG, you can take advantage of HOV lanes.

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

good point MP! I will try to leave work by 4 if I can... like I said I will be hoofing it either way

12. Malum Prohibitum

If you have not been issued one, see jrm for the BUTTONS.

13. Malum Prohibitum

GCO has been diligently working on this today, and the county commission appears inclined in our favor.

Also, if we make a good impression, one commissioner has announced his intention to join GCO!

How is THAT for effective grassroots lobbying? :D

14. USMC - Retired

Sounds Great MP! Do we currently have any members that are Fayette County residents?

15. tony218

tony218 New Member

what time is this? sorry just noticed the GCO link

16. Malum Prohibitum

GCO has been working the phones, but, in addition, GCO's letter setting forth its position in opposing the proposed ordinance was delivered to a Fayette County Commissioner this afternoon, and the letter is now available at the GCO site (link in original post).

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Got it + responded.

18. USMC - Retired

The letter does not come up MP... :?

Edit: It comes up now, must have been a temporary glitch....

19. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Wish I could make it, but somebody's gotta answer the phones at the hospital.

I'll be there in spirit.