Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pay no more than Outback prices, but want a better steak.

Any suggestions? Anywhere north of Macon. Thanks!

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to do it myself. :lol:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Texas Roadhouse is good and about in line with outback prices.....maybe just a tad more. Me and my dad go to one every time I visit. Their rib eyes are very good.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,139 Posts
My grill. I am on temp duty in Lynchburg, Va, so its north of Macon, but a bit farther than you want to drive I suspect. Also I cook only well done, so if you want me to break a leg, wipes its back end and walk it past the grill you are out of luck.

Nemo

·
Registered
385 Posts
Texas Roadhouse is good and about in line with outback prices.....maybe just a tad more. Me and my dad go to one every time I visit. Their rib eyes are very good.
I've been disappointed by them every single time we went while in Georgia. A rare steak would come out burnt. I haven't been back since a couple years ago. I've given up finding a reasonably priced steak place while here.

Texas Roadhouse while in Texas though is awesome! We'd go every week. I guess I've been spoiled.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Up north, Wisconsin and Illinois....there is a steak house called "Prime Quarter", where you pick from a large selection of steaks and huge ones at that.

3 very large stone grills in the place...you cook your own while conversing over a few beers....trays loaded with any seasoning you want.

Would love to go back sometime.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
My grill. I am on temp duty in Lynchburg, Va, so its north of Macon, but a bit farther than you want to drive I suspect. Also I cook only well done, so if you want me to break a leg, wipes its back end and walk it past the grill you are out of luck.

Nemo
You're not cooking steak. You're making shoe leather.

Well done tastes and chews like an old boot.

·
Registered
883 Posts

I would have to kindly disagree, if you go to Longhorn, they do a well done steak that is tender and full of juice.

Nearly the perfect well done steak, i know it's hard to find...but they do it.

And I'm talkin the BIG porterhouse, being two steaks in one, awesome.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I've been disappointed by them every single time we went while in Georgia. A rare steak would come out burnt. I haven't been back since a couple years ago. I've given up finding a reasonably priced steak place while here.

Texas Roadhouse while in Texas though is awesome! We'd go every week. I guess I've been spoiled.
We go to the one in Kingsport, TN. I've never been to one down here.
We did go to the north point golden coral in Alpharetta once and the steak was pretty good there too.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
Step one: Buy a Big Green Egg...

Kidding aside.
Give The Crossing a try. http://www.thecrossingofnorcross.com/

When we went there a few weeks ago, I had the best steak (the ribeye) in my life, evah!

Well, half kidding. You can still get a Big Green Egg. I love mine.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,139 Posts

Your description can be accurate. IF you do not know how to properly cook a steak on a grill.

If you do know how to PROPERLY cook a steak on a grill you will not need a knife to reduce it to bite size pieces on your plate.

I generally seem to do it properly.

Nemo

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I'd vote Longhorn. Outback disappointed so much the last time I went I don't intend to go back, Longhorn never has.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Texas Roadhouse

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your description can be accurate. IF you do not know how to properly cook a steak on a grill.

If you do know how to PROPERLY cook a steak on a grill you will not need a knife to reduce it to bite size pieces on your plate.

I generally seem to do it properly.

Nemo
Any tips on how to do it properly ??????????

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts