Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CLEVELAND â€" Cleveland Police officers said they confiscated 57 guns from a man near the west side Friday night.

Fox 8 News has learned that the man is a man of the cloth, or a father with Saint Herman's Orthodox Christian Monastery, an organization that shelters and feeds those on hard times.
http://www.kfor.com/news/wjw-news-57-gu ... 4323.story

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
An officer determined that at this time, it is best he shalt not have guns.
Nice that an officer can arbitrarily take your right to keep, and bear firearms. :screwy:

·
Registered
354 Posts
There must be more to this story....if his apartment was on the church grounds, maybe a violation of a "House of Worship" law of some type?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
stuk in irak said:
There must be more to this story....if his apartment was on the church grounds, maybe a violation of a "House of Worship" law of some type?
Do you guys actually read the story? If you noticed it stated there was a crisis intervention at the mans apartment. This would be possible suicide threats, or escalated issues such as anger issues or lashing out at someone. Believe it or not, this guy didn't need to have guns lying around. the title of the story is stupid as well and very uninformative of the actual story, but it got everyone to click anyways. Guy has issues of some sort, I'm sure once he's cleared of any mental issues or depression, they will give him his weapons back, or I would hope so anyways. Again someone had to call the cops on this guy, so he did something to gain attention from someone who obviously worried about him. We must all be very aware of the repercussions when we do things or say certain things, the wrong person hears you, it could easily surprise you with a visit from the law. hope the guy gets it all worked out.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes, I read the entire article, and watched the video. An "intervention"? No other details, so for all we know someone called the PD and said, "Hey, this guy has 57 weapons! He must be crazy!!!" The PD shows up and confiscates them after their "intervention"...but he hasnt broken any laws that I'm aware of, and nothing was reported. He hasnt been determined to be metally incompetent yet, just the subject of an intervention of some type.

Couldve been a suicide threat, or he couldve been running through the neighborhood covered in chocolate and chicken feathers...but the article didnt specify, which is why I say there must be more to this story than reported.

If owning a large number of weapons and ammo is grounds for an intervention or an indicator of mental instability, we're all in trouble.....

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wow. That's a lot of hardware and food for em. I wonder if he just spent all his money on toys or if he was collecting weapons from homeless people... Maybe he would buy from them for a really low price, now questions asked. It would be interesting to know all of this story.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I wish I had that kind of a collection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts