Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Senior Mumbler
6,516 Posts
Cannon was charged with holding and possessing game species without a game holding permit and unlawful possession of wildlife. He posted $2,000 on bond.
Every night after work I put carrots out at the wood line for the wild rabbits. The grandkids love seeing them out there and occasionally we get to see some deer out there too. Am I too considered "holding" and "possessing" wildlife for doing this? :sly:

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you bring said rabbits, deer inside your home and if you did i would say yes you would be charged :?:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
There was a fellow up here that would feed the bears in view of the road. My neighbor watched him pour honey on his arm and let the bear lick it off. Someone called DNR and he stopped.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
phantoms said:
Cannon was charged with holding and possessing game species without a game holding permit and unlawful possession of wildlife. He posted $2,000 on bond.
Every night after work I put carrots out at the wood line for the wild rabbits. The grandkids love seeing them out there and occasionally we get to see some deer out there too. Am I too considered "holding" and "possessing" wildlife for doing this? :sly:
There have been those who have successfully argued that any alteration in natural behavior is cruel. They've often won. What next? Don't feed the birds?

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,493 Posts
mountainpass said:
There was a fellow up here that would feed the bears in view of the road. My neighbor watched him pour honey on his arm and let the bear lick it off. Someone called DNR and he stopped.
And when you look up "stupid" in the dictionary, you find this guy's photo, right?

·
16,485 Posts
TimBob said:
mountainpass said:
And when you look up "stupid" in the dictionary, you find this guy's photo, right?
Nope. You find his brother, who would pour the honey on his head.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
The bears up here are nice ones.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
Gee, this little guy doesn't look dangerous.

I'd let him in my house to eat the leftover cat food out of the dish on the kitchen floor.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
If you guys didn't know, Raccoons are very vicious animals.

Also, my wife's family knows this family, and they should definitely be charged in this case. This is pure negligence on their part.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Feeding black bears is stupid.

"A fed bear is a dead bear."

Raccons are extremely dangerous.

I believe the father in this case should be charged with something more directly related to the child's injuries like reckless endangerment.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
mb90535im said:
Feeding black bears is stupid.

"A fed bear is a dead bear."

Raccons are extremely dangerous.

I believe the father in this case should be charged with something more directly related to the child's injuries like reckless endangerment.
I have heard some second hand information about the family from my wife's family, and I agree.... reckless endangerment or negligence would definitely be appropriate in this instance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts