Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is not. Fat and Fabulous is not. Being fat is just bad healthwise.

Nemo

https://www.studyfinds.org/fat-but-healthy-is-a-myth-heart-health/

source of study discussed
The findings appear in the European Journal of Preventive Cardiology.

Fat but healthy' is a myth, new research on weight and heart health concludes
by Study Finds

SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS, France - Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but when it comes to health, a new study finds excess fat is never in fashion. Researchers with the European Society of Cardiology say the idea of being "fat and healthy" is a myth. They say the theory that staying active can counteract the negative effects of obesity is false and even overweight people who exercise still suffer from poorer heart health.

The notion that weight has less bearing on overall health is championed by the body positivity movement, which seeks to end the stigma surrounding being overweight. While fresh analysis of data on more than 520,000 adults does suggest exercise helps to reduce the odds of developing hypertension and diabetes, researchers find being overweight still significantly raises the risk of heart attack and stroke.

In fact, compared to inactive normal weight people, those who are active and obese are still around twice as likely to have high cholesterol. These individuals are four times more likely to have diabetes and five times more likely to have high blood pressure.

"One cannot be 'fat but healthy,'" Dr. Alejandro Lucia from the European University of Madrid declares in a media release.

"This was the first nationwide analysis to show that being regularly active is not likely to eliminate the detrimental health effects of excess body fat. Our findings refute the notion that a physically active lifestyle can completely negate the deleterious effects of overweight and obesity."

continued

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I think this falls under the "duh" category. So much wrongthink in today's culture has curtailed what's left of common sense.

But anyone paying attention to facts over feelings should already know this. Or even just paying attention to thier own body.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,012 Posts
My feelz is hurt!
You know what I've got to say to
Mr. Pedro Valenzuela, who compiled this study?
2CD44334-06E0-4ACC-8664-24CCF1114EF6.jpeg

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I could use a little fat shaming. Haven’t exercised much since covid. Not an excuse I know.

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
BMI isn’t a measure of health. It’s a measure of risk for life insurance companies. I don’t know why that doesn’t keep more people awake at night...

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
BMI isn't a measure of health. It's a measure of risk for life insurance companies. I don't know why that doesn't keep more people awake at night...
Most people I know who are somewhat interested in human health, including 2 of my doctors, pay little to no attention to BMI. That isn't what this is about. Anyone with any self awareness knows if they're fat.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I could use a little fat shaming. Haven't exercised much since covid. Not an excuse I know.
OK fatazz get your lard filled body out of that chair and move it. If you have the stength to move that oversize body, NOW DO SOMETHING NOT IN A SEAT! ! ! !

Do any good?

Nemo :lol:

Reactions: zetor

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
OK fatazz get your lard filled body out of that chair and move it. If you have the stength to move that oversize body, NOW DO SOMETHING NOT IN A SEAT! ! ! !

Do any good?

Nemo :lol:
That was pretty good. If you get tired of lawyering, life coach might be promising....suicide hotline operator...maybe not.

·
Registered
13,483 Posts

·
68,147 Posts
I can't believe this took a study, but I know someone to whom I need to send this. She used those exact words. "You can be fat and healthy."

·
Registered
8,333 Posts
I’ve sure met a lot of “healthy” fat 30-somethings. The problem is that kind of “health” doesn’t live past 50 and then that’s a horrible last 3 decades if your family has genetics for 80s.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
If anything's going to pop, I don't want to be anywhere near that. :panic:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been awhile for ya huh?

Nemo

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
Been awhile for ya huh?

Nemo
When I worked clubs, that was who all the drunk loudmouths were hitting on at closing time. At 3am she was "hot" you know. Reality didn't strike until they woke up sometime later that day. Don't want and never had anything to do with the likes of that.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Coyote* pick ups. BTDT.

Nemo

*Wake up with her sleeping on your arm and chew it off at the shoulder rather that wake her before you escape.

·
Swollen Member
11,889 Posts
1612232352612.jpg

Together, they make a perfect "10".

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Figuring on cashing in on the inheritance?

Source of pic?

Nemo

1 - 20 of 53 Posts