Fast in Forsyth

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by JustAdam, Mar 22, 2007.

1. JustAdam

JustAdam New Member

well i have to say Forsyth County is very fast in my book. i recently moved to Georgia and have been trying to get around to getting my GFL but time (personal) was not on my side. i finally got arount to getting to the Probate court to apply on Feb 13th. i paid my $39.00 dollars and went to the Sherrifs office to take my prints. well the computers were down that day, but they asked me to return the following day to take my prints then. they were even nice enough to say they would stay open during their lunch hour if that was the only time i could return. im not one to interupt a meal, so i said i would return in the morning. well i guess the process started officially on Feb 14th and today my GFL showed up completed. wow, that was fast, i think thats less than 4 weeks total, sure is faster then the process i am use to in NYC.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Wow. Congrats!

What gun/holster you using for your first outing?

3. JustAdam

JustAdam New Member

I currently have a Taurus PT140, but this is a loaner to try on for size. i think my heart belongs to the baby Glock and thats the direction i shoud go for. i need try out a few different firearms before i take the plung and purchase, but time has been crazy with work. now add to that i think im looking for a home much sooner than expected (not a bad thing) but it adds to the lack of time.

now to holsters, i only have a nylon shoulder strap, and i do not like it. i have so much to learn... but excited to shop around.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

You'll probably like the baby Glock because you can always up size with larger mags and spacers.

For holsters I have to pimp http://www.comp-tac.com/ I love my CTAC and my Paddle. They make great stuff and have really friendly staff.

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If you get a Glock you'll love it. I have a full size 17 that I've run about 5500 rounds through since September. It's eaten everything I've fed and gone bang at every trigger pull. :D

I also have to agree with Ramm in Comp-tac. I have their Shirt Tucker IWB for my 17 and love it. As soon as I have a few dollars I'm getting it upgraded to a C-Tac and will get one of their holsters for my Walther PPK/S.

You'll have to meet us at Bullseye Marksman in Cumming for one of our Sunday shoots. Some of us normally meet there about once a month or so. Of course since I'm in Cumming, I go on a weekly basis.

6. JustAdam

JustAdam New Member

i cant argue with a man with such a respectable name. i hope to get to the range on a sunday soon, well as soon as things slow down a bit.

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

nice put in for mine on sep 28 and got it around the middle of Nov Forsyt Co. so i was also happy it didnt take as long as alot of the other counties in GA

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

You know it is kind of sad when people (myself included) can get happy over a local bureaucracy actually doing something the way the law tells them to. :(

9. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

pretty bad isn't it.....

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It clould be worse. The summer bofore last, I waited four months for Forsyth Co.