Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I don't go there anyway, Famous Hair in the Chastain Corners shopping center by Kroger has a sign posted on there door. "No Weapons Allowed On Premises". I noticed it while picking up food from the Chinese place next to Brewsters. Just thought I'd pass that along.

·
Registered
308 Posts
lostprofit said:
Even though I don't go there anyway, Famous Hair in the Chastain Corners shopping center by Kroger has a sign posted on there door. "No Weapons Allowed On Premises". I noticed it while picking up food from the Chinese place next to Brewsters. Just thought I'd pass that along.
Famous Hair? Never heard of them.... :roll:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

So Martin "I suppose we have to register you as a lethal weapon" Riggs can't go in?

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
"Famous Hair" used to be "Hair Cuttery". All the "Hair Cuttery" stores I know of in the Atlanta area changed affiliation and became "Famous Hair" franchises a couple years ago.
It's a chain, just like Great Clips or Fantastic Sams.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
So what...it's a sign carrying no legal weight. Carry in there. Of go elsewhere if you don't like their statement. Either way, the sign means nothing. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MrMorden said:
So what...it's a sign carrying no legal weight. Carry in there. Of go elsewhere if you don't like their statement. Either way, the sign means nothing. :mrgreen:
Yes, I know signs carry no legal weight. I also know that some people on here like to know what businesses to avoid due to their policies about carry. Not for any other reason than not wanting to give them any money. Just spreading the word. That's all. And like I said. I don't go there anyways.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
i stopped paying for haircuts....i bought some clippers with guards just put the shortest one one and shave away...

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
rmodel65 said:
i stopped paying for haircuts....i bought some clippers with guards just put the shortest one one and shave away...
This.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
No Weapons? But what about the scissors, razors and clippers they have all over the store? Those things are sharp!

·
Fattus Patrickus
2,369 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
rmodel65 said:
This.
Oh, how I miss those days! The Boss requires me to get a "real" hair cut now... She says my head is too egg shaped for a crew cut.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
lostprofit said:
Ah.... Mr WonTon! I open carry in front of that hair place on my way to the Chinese....

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
MrMorden said:
Well, it does mean that their management does not support your rights and are likely to be below average in logic and life skills applications. :D

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually noticed another sign today while at the credit union that made me laugh. I should have taken a pic of it, but I left my phone in the car. It said..... "For Your Security..... " and had the pictures with a slash through it. I'm thinking to myself "I don't see an armed security guard there. Where's my security? Oh yeah... it's concealed. :D "

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Anyone know of a "Carry Friendly" place for a guy to get a haircut? I usually have the GF just take the cutters to my head, but need to get a nice haircut for a interview i have coming up.

i live in ITP sandy springs so buckhead/sandy springs area would be nice.

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
That was close. For a moment there I thought someone was trying to revoke my right to carry.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
The hair place here is friendly to carrying. =) I have a conversation about guns every time I go in for a haircut.
1727 Mars Hill Rd NW # 18
Acworth, GA 30101-8092

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I go to Johnnys barber shop in the shopping center at Sandyplains and Post Oak Tritt. They are OC friendly there and good guys. I've been going there since 2001.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gruntpain1775 said:
That was close. For a moment there I thought someone was trying to revoke my right to carry.
You rockin' some famous hair? 8)

·
Registered
58 Posts
The Outdoor Depot in Gainesville has a big sign on the counter as you enter saying no weapons. I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd stop in there. When I saw the sign I knew they weren't getting any of my money.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts