Family picture

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I’m home with pneumonia today and decided to use the down time to take my small but growing family out for a good cleaning and family picture.

[​IMG]

mark5019 likes this.
  2. awanatech

awanatech Member

That's a nice looking family you have there. I hope the pneumonia clears up and you are feeling better very soon.

jag_357 and Adam5 like this.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Nice pic. You need a shotgun and a centerfire rifle next.
    Something to bust clays or bag a running rabbit, and another thing to hit a target at 200, 400, or even 600 yards.

4. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Wheel guns still exist out there gents. Take a risk and live better in the handgun world.

Nemo

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Is funny that you should mention that. There’s a wheel gun in the budget for right after the first of the year. I just need to decide if it will be a 642 for Carry, or a 4” heavy barrel .357.

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I have a 4'' Ruger GP100 and a 4'' Ruger Blackhawk. Both in .357 magnum. Gotta love the heavier firearms...

8. Nemo

My wife decided she should carry. I would have steered her to a Ruger SP 101. She found a Charter Arms Mag Pug with the 2.2 inch barrel that she liked. All stainless and used, but it surely looked unfired. Great price, she liked it and its in her purse special pocket. And she has looked at a new purse a time or 2, but they require the special pocket by her demand. Working on a holster for but it seems that is a tough road to get down.

Might look at a Charter Arms Adam5 or anyone else out there seeking a new wheelie.

Nemo

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Too late. I’m picking up a S&W Model 38 no dash tomorrow morning.

The finish is a little worn and it has hideous Pachmayr grips but is mechanically sound and lock up tight, and I’m only paying $250 for it.

10. gunsmoker

$250 for a Model 38 Bodyguard is a good deal.

But, a .38 snubby doesn't really do much to round-out your collection, other than just for you to be able to say you own a revolver now.

That S&W Shield 9mm of yours fills the same deep-concealment or pocket carry role the Bodyguard will fill.

A 6" or 8" barreled revolver would be super-accurate and satisfying for the range, and opens up the possibility of handgun hunting, too.

P.S. I carry a .38 snubby myself. Double-action-only, bobbed hammer. If you want to get together some weekend and shoot snubbies and practice using an HKS 5-shot speedloader and/or a Bianchi speed strip, let me know. I need some more trigger time on my gun. It's been about a year since I shot it.

11. Craftsman

Craftsman Active Member

My favorite wheelgun is a Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum. In this case, the Pachmyer grips definitely are an improvement over the slick wood grips. You aren't going to conceal this gun no matter how hard you try, but it's a lot of fun at the range, especially if you are a recoil junkie.

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

There will still be a 4”-6” .357 in my future, but for $250 I couldn’t pass up the Model 38.

13. Nemo

Bravo Good Sir. You have turned and begun to see the light.

Nemo

Adam5 likes this.
  14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

The Pachmayr grips aren’t as bad as I thought, but I will want to get the correct ones.

[​IMG]

15. gunsmoker

I don’t care for the tiny wooden grips those guns came with. I want something that fills-in space in front of the grip and under the trigger guard.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I’m going to keep the Pachs on it for carry, but want the correct grips, just to have them.

17. Bkite

Bkite Olivia's PawPaw

Check out the address in my signature line

18. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I got the bipod for the plinker in a few days ago and had a chance to mount it today.

[​IMG]