Falwell

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Rammstein, May 16, 2007.

1. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

So...he's dead.

I can't say he will be missed.

2. tj2000

tj2000 Guest

Come on Ramm, I know you where a closet Falwell lover. I can tell by the sympathy in your post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Ramm,

You are trolling. :roll:

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

No lie.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Perhaps.

I think the world is better off without Falwell.

“AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexualsâ€

“The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own countryâ€

“If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human beingâ€

“Homosexuality is Satan's diabolical attack upon the family that will not only have a corrupting influence upon our next generation, but it will also bring down the wrath of God upon America.â€

“(re: 9/11 attacks) "...throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools, the abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked and when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad...I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who try to secularize America...I point the thing in their face and say you helped this happen."â€

Good riddance.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Maybe so, maybe not, but some people consider it bad form to be publicly dancing on somebody's grave.

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I'm not one of those people.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I don't know if I want to respond, I'll have to think about it.......

9. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

No offense Ramm, or to anyone else, but I think this thread should be closed.

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

cry cry cry

So you hear something you don't like and you call it trolling? That is so ghey that the old Rev. Falwell would condemn you to hell for it.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

He was a hate filled person. I don't see it as a loss when someone whose sole purpose in life was to spit hate leaves this world.

12. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

We regularly "dance on the grave" of muggers and rapists in this forum.

What's the difference?

13. Malum Prohibitum

You're right. No difference. Falwell was as bad as a murderer or rapist. :roll:

The point here is that Rammstein knows that as hypocritical as this man was, with his huge support base there are bound to be supporters of his lurking here.

No, we generally do not post joyous announcements at the demise of any person with whom we personally happen to disagree.

That is why the accusation of trolling was levelled, not because "you hear something you don't like." My guess is that the person to whom Rammstein responded more than likely agrees with him, but thinks the thread is silly.

Personally, I disagree with this Falwell character on most of what he said and did, but I think rejoicing at his death is a little sick.
    :?

14. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm not rejoicing in his death. I'm just saying he won't be missed.

It isn't we lost a great philosopher or scientist. Hell, Larry Flint did more for the First Amendment than Jerry did for any of them.

15. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Ramm,

Why post something religious (or that will quickly turn religious) if you are so against religion in general and discussing it on this forum in particular? That's why I said you were trolling.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Just because he was a reverend doesn't mean we have to talk about religion.

I was just making a comment that he will not be missed, and if anyone extracts that to a larger comment on religion itself then it is on them.

17. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I agree we shouldn't be happy about his death. I would have been truly happy if he had changed and stopped spewing hate and bigotry before he died. But he didn't. I'm not happy he's dead, but, like Ramm, I certainly won't miss the man.

Unfortunatly, he was only saying what many people believe and someone else will take his place in the pulpit and continue the same message.

So, let's talk about guns instead.

18. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

But you started it. You said that a reverend of a religion will not be missed. Now if anybody defends or detracts any act he took on that religion's behalf (explaining why he may or may not be missed) then you have opened up a religious debate.

By the way, if you want to see some real dancing on a grave, a few blogs have been keeping a toll:
    http://newsbuckit.blogspot.com/2007/05/ ... -dies.html
    http://hotair.com/archives/2007/05/15/b ... conscious/

19. Foul

Foul Guest

Add me to the sick crowd.
    He's burning in a special place in hell by now.

20. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie