Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Published on Jul 6, 2016

Falcon Heights, MN - Authorities confirms that a 32-year-old man has died after an officer-involved shooting Wednesday night in Falcon Heights.

Philando Castile’s mother, Valerie Castile, says he died at Hennepin County Medical Center.

St. Anthony Police confirmed the shooting, which happened in the area of Larpenteur Avenue and Fry Street. Castile’s girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, and her daughter were in the car at the time. Reynolds is in custody Wednesday night.

A video circulating on Facebook, filmed by Reynolds, appears to show the aftermath of the shooting.

Reynolds says in the video that they were pulled over for a broken tail light. Police asked Castile for his license and registration. As he was reaching for his wallet, she says Castile informed officers that he had a firearm in his possession, and a conceal-and-carry permit.

Reynolds says in the video that an officer then shot her boyfriend four times.

Valerie Castile says her son was a cafeteria supervisor at J.J. Hill Montessori School in St. Paul. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating.

·
Registered
9,360 Posts
i'll point out another person is dead because another man in a uniform thought it was his place to force a man to fix light on his car.

someone will call me nuts, and point out that everything that the cop did was "legal". they'll say that we need men in uniform killing people for those lights because they might make another person have an accident.

/thread

·
Registered
512 Posts
i'll point out another person is dead because another man in a uniform thought it was his place to force a man to fix light on his car.

someone will call me nuts, and point out that everything that the cop did was "legal". they'll say that we need men in uniform killing people for those lights because they might make another person have an accident.

/thread
He did not kill him because he thought it was his right to force a man to fix his taillight. That falls squarely on us people for not forcing laws to be changed. He killed a man because we the people have allowed LEOs to believe that as long as they want to kill someone so said LEOs can go home at night it is ok. We, the people, can and should change the laws AND the way certain LEOs act.

And if her story is true in that they did inform the officer he was armed then no, the LEOs actions were not legal. Will he be arrested? Most likely not but if you are one of the chosen few like LEOs or politicians you get a pass. Again it is our fault. We the people is a failed idea

·
Registered
140 Posts
Police better hurry up and show some footage of what lead to this
because it's looking bad. Waiting for the riots now.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
That lady was extremely calm considering what just happened.

Az
I think any other response probably could have gotten her shot too.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,766 Posts
He did not kill him because he thought it was his right to force a man to fix his taillight. That falls squarely on us people for not forcing laws to be changed. He killed a man because we the people have allowed LEOs to believe that as long as they want to kill someone so said LEOs can go home at night it is ok. We, the people, can and should change the laws AND the way certain LEOs act.
I concur. LEO should be held personally accountable. There should be no big taxpayer funded payouts to victims. If this story checks out the officer should be charged with first degree murder and sentenced to death. Period.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
That was very painful to watch. I am NOT in favor of the BLM and how they conduct themselves, but right now, this middle-aged white man would love nothing more right now, but to join them and burn that bitch down. And if *this* white guy has those thoughts...then I can only imagine what the BLM will do.

·
PawPaw x 3
8,766 Posts
but to join them and burn that bitch down.
Burn what bitch down? The police department headquarters? Businesses owned by any taxpayer? businesses owned by whites? The town? America?
How about schools filled with kids?

·
Fattus Patrickus
2,369 Posts
I think any other response probably could have gotten her shot too.
I concur. The officer was... extremely agitated, to put it mildly. I also think she was in shock, and from her comments, originally thought that he'd only been struck in the arm.

I would very much like to see dash cam or, if he was wearing one, body cam footage.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
I came here to post this, please add MN in title. MN is not a must inform state, and based on other stories posted on this forum I will continue NOT informing on a stop. But WOW if he is licensed this throws gas on the BLM movement.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Burn what bitch down? The police department headquarters? Businesses owned by any taxpayer? businesses owned by whites? The town? America?
How about schools filled with kids?
I am not a member of the BLM, so you would have to ask those organizers about where they would direct any fires that will probably occur. I will also mention that I am NOT a fan of going to prison, so the likelyhood of me *actually* going anywhere to burn anything down is..well...zero.

I was merely pointing out that I think there are going to be some very, VERY pissed off black folks.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I came here to post this, please add MN in title. MN is not a must inform state, and based on other stories posted on this forum I will continue NOT informing on a stop. But WOW if he is licensed this throws gas on the BLM movement.
Yes it does. Most of the other "victims" had a lot of issues on them that resulted in their getting shot, but this looks like he was doing everything right.

·
Cross-drawer
7,332 Posts
Easy to see who went home safe and who didn't........

By the way, I didn't watch the video. Didn't want to. I have too many friends who have been stopped by LEO for BWB.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
One of the comments on that story, "Yet another casualty of America's lax gun laws. Unfortunately, for as long as America refuses to implement common sense gun laws to restrict access to dangerous firearms, this kind of incident is going continue to happen. And the blood of innocents is on the hands of right-wingers, who stand in the way of these reforms."

Oye.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I am not a member of the BLM, so you would have to ask those organizers about where they would direct any fires that will probably occur. I will also mention that I am NOT a fan of going to prison, so the likelyhood of me *actually* going anywhere to burn anything down is..well...zero.
I think you get a free pass from eh DOJ on any damage you cause as a BLM member...

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Yet another casualty of America's lax gun laws. Unfortunately, for as long as America refuses to implement common sense gun laws to restrict access to dangerous firearms, this kind of incident is going continue to happen. And the blood of innocents is on the hands of right-wingers, who stand in the way of these reforms.
They want to disarm the police?

·
Registered
97 Posts
One of the comments on that story, "Yet another casualty of America's lax gun laws. Unfortunately, for as long as America refuses to implement common sense gun laws to restrict access to dangerous firearms, this kind of incident is going continue to happen. And the blood of innocents is on the hands of right-wingers, who stand in the way of these reforms."

Oye.
How do they figure this has anything to do with lax gun laws? Are they saying that we need to take the guns away from the police? Because the only wrong doing I see on this case is the Officer's itchy-trigger-finger.](*,)

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

Oye.
Oh, I advise against reading the comments for anything other than entertainment purposes.

That comment was downvoted (so far) 42 to 2 up votes and was posted by a known troll.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.