Facebook In Panic Mode

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GlockGary, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

https://gizmodo.com/report-facebook-staff-suddenly-concerned-about-privacy-1824232328

"Per the New York Times, what began as widespread concern over the company’s Cambridge Analytica data-sharing scandal has now apparently transformed into a sort of panic over possible further leaks of potentially damaging internal information like Bosworth’s memo. While some staff are urging greater transparency, others have turned to shredding emails and demanding leakers be found and dealt with, the Times reported"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/technology/facebook-leaked-memo.html

"Facebook employees were in an uproar on Friday over a leaked 2016 memo from a top executive defending the social network’s growth at any cost — even if it caused deaths from a terrorist attack that was organized on the platform."

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

"Mr. Bosworth and Facebook’s chief executive, Mark Zuckerberg, have since disavowed the memo..."

Well, did Bosworth write it or not? How do you disavow something you wrote? Oops, I got caught and shouldn't have said that!

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Libtards can do and say anything they want because their motives are pure.

4. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Facebook, while not dead, is definitely dying. ask any young kid and they will tell you facebook is for old people.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

He just wrote it (but really didn't mean it) just to get a thoughtful discussion started on how to prevent it on their platform and the idea spreading across the world. He wanted to make sure it didn't happen.

Nemo

6. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

I never figured out the allure FB has with people. All it is is a glorified message forum that steers and suppresses select content to users. It acts like a corporate thought minder blinding you to some things and spotlighting others. Why would anyone willingly subject themselves to that kind of information manipulation?

7. Nemo

Because they do not know how to think for themselves. Or just think at all.

Nemo

8. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I'm unclear what part you haven't figured out? Clarify?

9. Mrs_Esterhouse

The allure.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

So, how long have you had your FB account for? :mrgreen:

11. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Because it feeds the need for the sheeple's narcissistic tendencies.

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have to say I am bothered by Congress holding "hearings" on this to force Facebook's creator to grovel before them.

Congress ought not to be poking its nose into Facebook's business.

We should not tolerate this simply because Facebook and Zuckerberg are leftists. We either support liberty, for us and our opponents, or we do not.

Facebook should answer only to its management and shareholders, not Congress.

Who do these politicians think they are? I wish Zuckerberg would grow a pair and tell them to go pound sand, that all of them together could not create one one thousandth of what he has created, and he resents being summoned before his jealous inferiors.

janedoedad, GlockGary, Bkite and 2 others like this.
  13. moe mensale

Why not? Disregard how anyone personally views Zuckerberg or the fact that Facebook is full of and run by communists and all the BS with the 2016 election.

Facebook is a monopoly. Zuckerberg basically admitted it in front of the world yesterday when he couldn't even name a real competitor to Facebook. We have century old laws against monopolistic practices. 15 USC Chapter 1 Section 2.

We broke up Standard Oil and AT&T and others for that violation. Why should Facebook get a pass?

14. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

It wasn't right then....it isn't right now

Facebook is not a monopoly. Others can easily enter the race and do it every day, they just fail.

janedoedad likes this.
  15. moe mensale

So you're all in favor of monopolistic practices, price fixing, trade restraint, etc.

:rotfl:
    You're absolutely correct. Anybody can play the game. Now name one real, genuine competitor to Facebook.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  16. Nemo

Sen. Durbin showed he has a few cells on a hair somewhere on his body that is not conclusively evil incarnate in his question of Zuckerberg.

I think Z got a bit skeered on. No doubt he never saw the lions mouth he was sticking his head in.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/983802062956670976/video/1

http://aplus.com/a/mark-zuckerberg-senate-testimony-dick-durbin-hotel

Couldn't define "hate speech" they prohibit.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...-answer-sasses-plea-define-hate-speech-really

Ted Cruz also let him know he was way out of his league trying to answer questions there.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...eral-groups-after-conservative-targeting.html

It was interesting to watch.

Nemo*

* Full disclosure-- I do not Facebook at all.

17. Mrs_Esterhouse

Hah! My Facebook account. Good one.

18. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

Sure, its a monopoly, but what tangible direct impact does it have on the economy? It provides a service but generates nor provides any goods. You'd be better off arguing to break up Amazon as a retailer, which I'm not swayed too far either way on.

19. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I watched some of it. Sad to see what gets elected in many cases.

20. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Sad to see what gets elected in many cases.