F.B.I. Seeks Wider Wiretap Law for Web

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Nov 19, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/techn ... .html?_r=1

Repressive regimes, uh, you mean like the FBI?

Its always about more and more power, 4th amendment be damned.

2. frankr

frankr Active Member

It's like the clipper chip from last decade. If you have nothing to hide ... :roll:

The government needs no additional authority, period.

3. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

even if I have nothing to hide, that doesnt mean the FBI/CIa need to know my personal business. Question is the very same sacks of sh_t that create the laws have to be scrutinized just like the rest of us peons.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

It's almost as though they either don't recognize that the Fourth Amendment was ratified to protect the People from them... or they do realize it and are actively trying to negate its protections.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

There is no doubt in my mind that they do realize it and are actively working to negate its protections. The 4th amendment is just a pesky little hurdle that need to be negated so that they can continue on with their authoritarian police state.

The founder's number one reason for the 4th amendment is to protect us from the same government thugs that have now destroyed it. Even now, the 4th amendment is but a shadow of its former self. That's not good enough for these thugs, though. They want it all. They won't stop until the 4th amendment is completely ignored and usurped and we will all sit by and let it happen as well. Sure we can all complain and yell at the top of our lungs, but they don't care. They think they are above the law, and we've allowed it to happen. Voting isn't going to change a thing. Both parties promote this kind of usurpation of the 4th amendment. Remember, its all about "keeping us safe."