Ezra Klein: Constitution ‘Has No Binding Power on Anything’

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Match10, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Match10

Match10 Active Member

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

The guy is right for all practical purposes.

Let's use the most simple constitutional issue most of us know about:

Take the 2A
    What does it say ?
    Does it matter ? Protect your right carry (or just own) ?

How many more years (100's?) before it gets some case law behind it ?
    And will it be consistent with the 2A as written ?

Oh, and it takes the Supreme Court to decide piecemeal whether particular parts of the Constitution even apply to the states.

3. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Lysander Spooner argues that is has no inherent authority either...saying it was a trust that bound the framers posterity and they have no legal authority to bind you and I..and addresses the arguments that if you vote you're perpetuating the trusts etc etc its a very interesting read

http://jim.com/treason.htm

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I've never thought the Constitution was confusing.

Now, the interpretations of it such as the Fourth Amendment applies here, but doesn't apply there, or it only applies while your motorhome is parked, or that it doesn't apply on holiday weekends.......that's confusing.

5. jmorriss

jmorriss Active Member

Well if it has no binding power can we revoke his 1A?

6. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

it doesnt matter if you revoke the 1st amendment...the constitution never gave him anything at all....it only restrained Govt. the rights are inherent in our humanity and can not be taken away

7. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

The Constitution of the United States also seems very clear to me. Where things got mucked up was when states wrote their own Constitutions and we now, for example, have fifty different constitutional versions of the Second Amendment alone.

8. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

why should individual States(countries) not have their own constitution?? we are States that just happen to be united

9. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

..and Ezra Klein has no binding power over me. :screwy:

10. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Close, 8) There is a state or two without a 'keep and bear arms' clause; California comes to mind.

11. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

I'd say this makes it binding. I'd also say it's pretty simple and easy to understand.

Another blog put it best when they advised us to be very aware of these interlopers who can argue on behalf of poorly written, thousand page documents about healthcare, but fail to understand the six page Constitution.

12. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

221 years and the House of Representatives is finally going to actually read the Constitution? I guess that explains why they didn't read the (so-called) Patriot Act or the Obamacare bill.

As for Ezra... sedition or outright treason?

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Unfortunately, he is correct. We now live under an unconstitutional National government, that was founded under military duress, that retains this unconstitutional power through government force and intimidation.

There are historical facts that cannot be refuted. Our government will continue to pass unconstitutional laws, and enforce them, because we live under a National government. Try reading what a few of our Founding Fathers said about NATIONAL governments. They realized how dangerous they were, and many were very explicit as to why we should never have a National government. The Radical Republicans in Congress after the civil war had different ideas.

In 1789, we became a Constitutional Federal Republic. We were united States. We had a State and Federal government. With the addition of the 14th amendment by the Union, to the Constitution. We are taught in high school, by innuendo, that the 14th amendment was added, and it was a good thing because it was so that the freed slaves would now be National citizens. Wrong, the 14th amendment was for the "WHITE man" as well, comes from a quote, but it actually just means people of all races, ALL PEOPLE, are no longer STATE Citizens, but they are all NATIONAL Citizens. It made all STATE citizens, NATIONAL citizens over night, annulled and subjugated the state governments, annulled "We the People" making Congress "The People," allowing our new National Congress and our National government to have all-encompassing power over "ALL PEOPLE AND THINGS," and was the largest National power grab our country has ever seen.

Many states tried their hardest to tell the Union to go to H.E. Double Hockey sticks when it came to agreeing to the 14th amendment, there are even Court cases such as Georgia V. Stanton, where Stanton tried to argue that it was unconstitutional for the National government to annul and subjugate State governments, and the court ruled this was not a Constitutional question, but simply a political question that didn't affect personal or property rights. :screwy: Of course, the judge ruled this way, if he would have said it was unconstitutional, they were risking the chance of having another full blow civil war, right after the end of the first civil war. Nobody wanted that.

Also see this:

All this can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DinGIrel ... re=related

Every time the Constitutionality of Reconstruction and the 14th amendment was brought before a court, our National Congress introduced a bill or passed a law that took away the jurisdiction of the court to rule on the case!

The courts are supposed to be "We the People's" protector from an over-enchroaching government, and here, the National Congress took away their jurisdiction to rule on the most unconstitutional power grabs in the entire history of our country. Sometimes all it took was government intimidation, such as what happened to Yerger.

Do you really think our Founding State Fathers would have joined the Union, if they knew the Federal government could make itself into a National government and completely annul and subjugate their governments and rights?

Until we return our country to LAWFUL, provable government, the Constitution is not binding over any person or any thing. Congress has un-regulated power over all person and all things in America. We live in a post-Constitutional America, and we currently have an unconstitutional government.

When you sign into an agreement with a gun to your head, they call it DURESS. Any contract that was signed and agreed to while under duress is null and void by default! Well Georgia and other States in the CSA, were forced, under military duress to sign onto the 14th amendment, essentially annulling their governments and rights.

We need to return back to the State and Federal governments of 1789 by repealing the 14th amendment.

Do you dislike abortion, do you dislike gay marriage, do you dislike anchor babies, ect? Well every single one of them has been made Constitutional by the..... you got it.... 14th amendment.

All these groups out there fighting to end all this stuff, could simply all ban together all their money, resources, and time, and fight to repeal the 14th amendment by educating people in enough States, and all that would go away.

Not that I disagree with the right to abortion, gay marriage, or anchor babies, but I do disagree with our current unconstitutional National government, because it was formed illegally under duress. If we all join together and fight to educate people that have been mis-educated and indoctrinated, to agree to turn the clocks back on National citizenship, we could do wonders to returning our government to a lawful, provable, Constitutional government.

Its all but been proven that the State of North Carolina is not a lawfully created State, and I'm sure one could also come to a similar conclusion about the State of Georgia as well. That's right... no driver's license needed, and maybe even no license to carry a gun needed.

Are you going to get arrested? Yes. Are you going to get intimidated and threatened by government officials? Yes. Could you even be jailed because of a judge on a power trip? Yes. But the whole point is that we live under an all powerful National government, and our poor State governments have been annulled, surrendered, and subjugated by it.

If you can prove any of what I have said here as wrong, there is a man that will give you $10,000 dollars, so its worth a try.

The State of North Carolina couldn't prove him wrong, so I doubt there is a good chance of it, but you never know. He has been driving around the State of North Carolina without a driver's license for 13 years. He told a NC Supreme Court judge, that if he could prove to him, that the North Carolina of today was a lawfully created State, he would get the driver's license.

The judge, after getting the Attorney General of North Carolina to assign a special prosecutor to the case to prove to him that NC was a lawfully created State, told him to stand up in the SC of NC, and told him that the State of North Carolina had no intention of proving to him that North Carolina was a lawfully created State, and that he was free to go on his way. No prison time.

He has also been visited by some government intelligence officers and basically threatened with death and intimidated, when he re-instituted the lawful North Carolina State government and he himself became a lawful State citizen. :shock: Talk about crapping your pants.

Did you know that a State citizen cannot vote in our National elections? Don't believe me? Take a look at a State voter's registration card. Only National citizens vote in the National election.

We do live in an unconstitutional America, and the Constitution is not binding to our government, or to any person or thing.

Get rid of the 14th amendment and return our Country to a lawful, provable, Constitutional State and Federal government.

Ya'll have a good night, and let me know how your research is coming along. :D :righton:

14. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

The National Firearms Act of 1934 has no binding power on anything. It's confusing and over 76 years old....

:woohoo:

15. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

well I dont vote for president...the electoral college does...

16. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Ezra Klein was found dead today from apparent stupidity as he tried to test the safety on his new Glock.
    Film @ 11. As per his request he was boiled down to make fuel for Al Gore's jet.

[​IMG]

17. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

We should forgive little Ezra's ignorance and stupidity. The little brat is only 26 years old and was educated/indoctrinated at government schools in liberal southern California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezra_Klein

Given that fact, it's a wonder he can even read at all, much less comprehend a document with BIG WORDS.

It's not little Ezra's fault that he's a dummy. What else woud you expect, given his "education" or lack thereof?

18. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

19. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Please please take that back... I am a product of both California's public school system and higher learning, with a Mechanical Engineering degree and post degree education. Plus, I taught there for four years.

The problem with California is that near the coast, all the liberals have weighted the electorate into the horror it is today. There are very conservative voices in California, but they get drowned out by the dim of the Pelosi-ites.