Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gone to any great length as far as checking out various types & styles & effectivenesses of differnt models of eye & ear protection? I'm about to be shopping for some and while I don't want to spend a fortune I'd like to get somethign durable & effective.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Just get cheap plastic eye protection online for $10 and spend $3 on some of the foam ear plugs, they work the best. My ears are Howard Leight (Spelling?) and were around $3 but are better than ear muffs as far as decibal cancellation or whatever its called.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,945 Posts
I used to use basic safety glasses, but have since gotten a pair of Remington shooting glasses. I can't tell a difference, but the shooting are nice since they come with 3 sets of interchangable lenses. They came with clear, smoke, and yellow. As far as hearing protection, I use basic muffs for pistols and foam plugs for rifles. where the muffs get in the way. I may upgrade my ear plugs soon though. There's a company that comes to Bullseye in Cumming every few months called Ear Armor. They take a mold of your ear and make a set of custom fit plugs to fit you. I think they run about $50.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Tinkerhell said:
Anyone gone to any great length as far as checking out various types & styles & effectivenesses of differnt models of eye & ear protection? I'm about to be shopping for some and while I don't want to spend a fortune I'd like to get somethign durable & effective.
WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING EAR PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) 8) 8)

Shooting is so easy a blind man can do it.......................

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
I wear Silencio Silent Partner plugs. Work great and can wear them all day in comfort. They form fit to your ear cannal.

For eyes I have a set of Remington Shooting glasses with interchangable lens'. They don't make the ones I have anyomore but the ones they put out now seem good too.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, WE DIDN'T USE ANY HEARING PROTECTION. THAT WAS FOR WIMPS AND AIR FORCE TYPES! SO, SPEAK UP AND STOP MUMBLING!

WHAT?

SPEAK UP I SAID!

WHAT? ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Rammstein said:
Foam plugs and some Oakleys for me.
As long as they're not hanging around your neck on Costa Del Mar Croakies when you go to the bar after dark...

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Macktee said:
WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, WE DIDN'T USE ANY HEARING PROTECTION. THAT WAS FOR WIMPS AND AIR FORCE TYPES! SO, SPEAK UP AND STOP MUMBLING!

WHAT?

SPEAK UP I SAID!

WHAT? ARE YOU DEAF OR SOMETHING?
Yep, Air Force. Motto: Smart only need apply.

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
I got some Remington shooting glasses at walmart, pretty good. used to use just clear safety glasses from shop/auto places but the yellow lenses are better in the sun.

got some good muffs from Sportsmans Guie, AOSafety bullseye #7 ? like $15 and they are great.

but i wear plugs and muffs, you only get one set of ears and eyes so, i like to keep mine in good shape (well, i hear ringing for days if i dont wear them when paying drums, mowing lawn, around jets, etc)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the opinions. Sounds like low cost is a good way to go. I've already paid for Lasek for my eyes so I think I'll be going with plugs & muffs (at least for indoors) so I don't have to worry too much about the ears going out later on...

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
gsusnake said:
Rammstein said:
As long as they're not hanging around your neck on Costa Del Mar Croakies when you go to the bar after dark...
yeah....what is it with the retards around here and their croakies. If we were near the beach...I'd give them a pass. But we're not, so I won't.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:
Rammstein said:
yeah....what is it with the retards around here and their croakies. If we were near the beach...I'd give them a pass. But we're not, so I won't.
It's frattastic.

I've never felt the need to wear any, just as I've never felt the need to pay for my friends.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts