Extent of carry.

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by BigIronOnHip, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BigIronOnHip

BigIronOnHip New Member

:help: This is kind of a silly question. If I own a class or title 2 or 3 weapon, and have all the appropriate paperwork, can I carry that firearm without any legal ramifications? I was thinking of getting a short-barreled shotgun and a buddy said "You should carry that" and while I took it off-handed at the time, I started to wonder.

All help appreciated in advanced! :righton:

2. Lysander

Lysander New Member

Yes you can, just don't be stupid. Also, make several copies of your Tax stamp and trust (if that's how you do it). I keep my originals in a fireproof safe and then a digital copy on me at all times (along with a lot of other information) and then a printed and laminated copy with me when I carry those firearms.

Have you ever shot an SBS?

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Yeah, its legal. Carry a copy of your NFA registration. Carry your GWL.

Carefully, read the new GA law and determine if your SBS is a long gun, or a handgun, etc. and follow the requirements of carrying such items.

That said, it has been discussed before that there are several reasons why it might not be a great idea to use/carry a NFA weapon for self-defense, especially if you actually had to use it.

4. BigIronOnHip

BigIronOnHip New Member

Yep, I had a great time with it.

Well as I mentioned. It was an off-handed comment made to me. I was thinking about getting on just for the hell of it anyway.