Expungement of records

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by SheriffOconee, Nov 27, 2006.

1. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

I have scanned GCIC Operations Bulletin 97-19 as it regards to HB 183 and the Expungement of Criminal History Information. I have also scanned the actual application. If someone wants me to email them I will do so for the purpose of making it a sticky or a link. I don't want to have to mail out bunches of copies. Maybe when the owner of the site gets back into town?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sheriff Berry,

I sent you a PM with my email address. If you will forward them to me as attachments to the email. I will get them to the site's owner so that he can make them available here.

You are a virtual walking encyclopedia on this stuff.

3. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

According to the buttons on top, I don't have a message from you. You may email me directly {EDITED out by Gunstar1; to protect user from spammers} and I will shoot it to you. (you can use the email button below a persons post to send them an email)

ETA: forget it, I got the PM finally and you have mail.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have them, but will not be able to get them online until later this afternoon or tonight. I will post a link when they are availible.

5. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Roger that, it is up to you, I just noticed threads about the process and thought having the form and the GCIC bulletin it might help someone. It is a simple form, lawyer not required unless you are rejected by the DA's Office, then the route of appeal is to Superior Court.

Thanks for redacting my email address. I just don't want anyone here to think I am hiding behind screen names or avatars...

6. Malum Prohibitum

I doubt anybody thinks that, when your very first post was used to introduce yourself with your real name and position! :D

Too easy to check up on to be fake!

:sly:

7. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Yup, I did all that on purpose. I wanted ya'll to know who I was.
    I have done my best over the past two days to read EVERY thread on the board that concerns Georgia Law/Permit issue problems/fingerprints (that National stuff is gonna have to wait til I have some leisure time). I hope to have some solutions posted to some of the problems the posters have expressed. Truth is, there shouldn't be a need for this many posts where people have trouble with the .gov in their county. I hope I can help "condense the nonsense" where there is any.
    I can assure you that some of what I have read on here is incorrect. I can just as well assure you that MOST of the posts exhibit some degree of common sense, a trait not often found on these boards.
    I have some more reading to do, but I have talked to my Probate Judges clerk more today than I have in the past 2 months. I am working on it

8. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Sheriff,

You are right about the common sense. To borrow some language from a jrm in a filing, 'we simply don't live in a world where hardened criminals violate the most basic tenets of society while scrupulously avoiding committing misdemeanor weapon violations.' It is right, and particularly American, for people to both take charge of their own personal safety and respect the law at the same time, while seeking redress for their greivances in a peaceful way. The people here seem, by and large, to want to do just that. The folks on this board by and large want to both follow and shape the law. Attorney, sheriff, trash collector, or hairdresser - if you share those values, this is the place for you.

9. Malum Prohibitum

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator