Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this video on liveleak and figured you guys would enjoy it as much as I did. She's young, but far from new to shooting as the video shows her clearing ftf's on the move and continue shooting without missing a beat. I'd like to buy her Dad a beer!

The comments section is interesting, as well as the usual gun "experts" who've probably never even held a firearm, nevertheless interesting.

ETA: Note how she pulls the slide back, this is the best method to maintain muzzle control. Not the thumb and index finger (picture pulling a slingshot), which when observed almost always results in the muzzle pointing slightly to the side. The latter is what I see most people doing when I'm at the range.

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
Is she having constant issues b/c of limp wristing?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aberk said:
I think it's more that the recoil spring on that pistol is more than she can manage at her size/age. I doubt you could do much to help her correct it. But you're right it is giving her problems.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Deek said:
Aberk said:
I think it's more that the recoil spring on that pistol is more than she can manage at her size/age. I doubt you could do much to help her correct it. But you're right it is giving her problems.
Could be snap caps added to the mags for clearing drills.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
In my humble opinion, it is a case of "limp wristing". But to her credit, she handles the recoil well, tap and rack the slide after the malfunction well and she keeps walking. If she keeps practicing like that, even with the limp wristing, that in turn, will be outgrown as she gets older and stronger, she will be a fine shooter. Maybe to the caliber of Jessie and Julie.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
She's not 11 anymore. She probably has more hand strength now. I remember her from when I first got into guns and showed that to my youngest sister for encouragement.

·
Registered
964 Posts
That's just cool...way to go young lady! :righton: She will get stronger and better with time. I remember the first time my husband let our 4 year old shoot his M4 (with daddy's help of course). That was funny. I thought it was going to scare her but she grinned and said, "Wow daddy! Do it again!"... :lol: Teach them young; rights, respect, responsibility!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
CoffeeMate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irykjLjuKo8
WOW. I can not believe I just learned something new on how to reassemble the bolt of the AR from an 11 or so year old.

:bowdown:

Now, how do I get my children to do same....? :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts