Evil neighbors taunt dying 7 year old girl.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Xiclotl, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

After not being invited to a 7 year old's birthday party a couple spent two years harassing the little girl who has Huntington's Disease, a degenerative brain disorder. Her mother died from the disease. Real classy.
    Punshiment due.

2. JMan

JMan New Member

Karma is a *****

3. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

[/quote:1t27gmrz]Someones going to have the last laugh.. and its not going to be these two losers. Now for them to go on national tv and beg for ppl to stop harassing them and sending them death threats...

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Detroit St (Sibley & W. Jefferson), Trenton, MI 48183-1210

Just a little too far to go, but at least the eggs would be ripe by arrival.

5. Paladin

Paladin Fattus Patrickus

I suppose I should be concerned that this type of behavior no longer surprises me. Makes me sick to my stomach, yes. Surprise? No.

6. dunkel

dunkel New Member

I was going to get upset about this, but it looks like they're getting theirs.

See? The free market DOES work.

7. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

One more reason not to use facebook.

8. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

[/quote:1enktho8]
    Got a link?

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Question: Should Scott's employer fire him for his bad behavior that he and his wife did off-duty, not involving any company business or the company's vehicles, uniforms, etc, when that bad behavior took place far away from the workplace?

I don't know. I'm just wondering.

10. frankr

frankr Active Member

Why not? As an employer, if you would not hire someone again to do the job you have being done, then you should let them go.

11. samman23

samman23 New Member

Is Michigan an at will employment state?

12. zephyr57

zephyr57 New Member

Yes. By all means. Personal character means quite a bit to me as a hiring manager. Hiring someone is an investment of my time and the company's money... and they're not worth either if I don't believe that they can represent the company in a positive light, even if they are "just" a cashier.

13. Owl

Owl New Member

I don't believe, from what I've read here, that they were " representing the company" while at home.

However disgraceful and disgusting their actions have been, there should not be termination from a job because they are heartless and hateful neighbors. If the guy is doing his job to the employer's satisfaction, why should he be fired? What if he had a shooting range in the backyard and it upset his neighbors. ( Not that I'm comparing that to what they have allegedly done, because I'm not) Should he be fired, if his employer is anti-gun because of target practice at home? What if his employer is a vegetarian and finds out John Doe likes cheeseburgers and BBQ ribs? Should he be fired for that, even though he does his job just fine?

Where are all you libertarians on this one?

PS. they're lucky all they getting hit with is rotten eggs...and NO, I don't think what they are doing is very nice. I think it's harassment and borderline threats.

14. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

The online community has also reportedly gotten together and raised something near $8000 to help make the rest of the little girls life as best they can. I read somewhere they planned to take her on an all expenses paid toy shopping trip, etc.

Neighbors can have issues with eachother and I'm ok with that--but taunting another family by using their dying child is someplace no one should ever go--at least if they want to live. I don't care whether its "right" that the man is fired from his job...if you act like a total piece of s**t, be prepared to be treated like one by EVERYONE. Its called karma. :evil:

15. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

With the free market, realizing that employment is NOT a right, you are NOT entitled to a job, and your employer can fire you for whatever reason he or she wishes. This is happening exactly as it should.

16. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

This. The employer can and should be able to fire you for any reason ranging from poor work to dislike of where you took vacation. His business, his rules. And yes, if an employer says no guns on the property and you have one in your car and are caught then you should be in trouble, even if that means losing the job. Dont consent to search.

If the guys actions make people not want to do business with his employer, then the employer has every right to dismiss him.

Stupid hurts.

17. IrishTiger

IrishTiger Active Member

That's just horrible!!!!! I can't believe that at all. What a bunch of meanies!!!!!

18. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Disgusting. Simply disgusting. I know of a word in the dictionary that gets a new picture beside it this week. :righton:

19. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

But "worthless f***ing piece of s*** oxygen wasting moron a**holes" is more than one word....that in the dictionary now? :mrgreen: