Everyone MUST write their rep RE: HR1096

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by mzmtg, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

2. Foul

Foul Guest

Hell yea!

It has a snowball's chance, but I'm definitely behind it.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

By "behind it," does this mean you have already written your own congresscritter and asked him to respond to you with what exact steps he will take to help move HR 1096 along?

4. Foul

Foul Guest

You gots it! :p

He won't do feces, tho. He's a gun-hating Democrat. I just like writing to him about these things just to piss him off and to be a thorn in his side.

Critter ___________Grade
    13 SCOTT ___________ C

As per http://www.gunowners.org/109hrat.htm

I expect the typical form letter response in about 2 weeks like I usually get.

5. Malum Prohibitum

When Scott was running for office, one of his campaign workers approached me for support. I asked, "Really? What is his position on the Second Amendment?"

The worker replied with a shrug, "You know, everybody gotta have one, right?" while raising his hands straight out, palm forward, above waist height.

I found his response less than informative.

6. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I have written Rep. Price with my feelings, yes.

I know this bill will never see the light of day, but it's important to let your reps know that we are paying attention and we do have strong feelings and needs on these issues.

7. Taler

Taler New Member

MP,

Could you explain that response to me please? Was he saying everybody has to have a position?

Yikes... and I know you're not kidding.

8. Wiley

Wiley Guest

Ron Paul introduces this every session.

Last session I visited Tom Price's district office to ask him to co-sponsor Paul's bill.

Was told by the high school girl I'd have to telephone DC because nobody was around. (I don't think she was bright enough to work a #2 pencil.)

So I call DC. Long distance. 'Randy' took my request and info. Never got a response. I kept checking and Tommy's name never showed as a co-sponsor.

So I get on Tommy's web site and use his email. Explained my problems trying to get my request in. Told him I was ticked and if he didn't co-sponsor I would be contributing to every candidate but him come reelection. (He didn't, I did.)

I get a response!!! It was his supposed 'chief of staff' who, while inturupting my dinner, could only whine about not being able to run Tommy's office.

Bill never made it out of committee.

Price is a dead-loss RINO.

9. Malum Prohibitum

No. :|

:-k

Could you explain it to me? :lol:

10. Malum Prohibitum

I do believe that the indefinite indicator, "one," was in reference to a firearm, rather than a position.

I now know Scott's position on the Second Amendment (repeal it!).

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

OK who should i write to....my represenative of my district? until this site i actually never wrote letters to my elected officials on bills and laws who should i be righting my concearns to. im in District 9 but who else should i include?

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

+ 1

Until recently, I never took much of a stand on political issues, and never wrote, called, emailed, or attemted to otherwise contact my elected officials.

13. Foul

Foul Guest

14. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

letter fired of to my Rep. Wish I was actually hopeful of this passing.

15. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

what i have found is my Zip is actually a Gainesville Address but i live in Forsyty county so it has left wondering who i should be writting. Forsyth is in District 9 along with Hall but there are also parts of forsyth in district 7. So it splits districs you can find 30506 listed as a Hall and Forsyth zip but i cannot find the 9 digit 30506 **** for Forsyth county?

16. Foul

Foul Guest

http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp