Everyone is getting into the gun control discussion

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by BG_Atl, Feb 16, 2017.

1. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Last night CW ran an episode of "Arrow" titled "Spectre of the Gun"

A man goes into city hall and proceeds to randomly shoot folks

The weapon used "an AR15 assault rifle"

The possible motive - the previous administrations failure to enact the
    "Star City Gun Registry" legislation.

All the usual suspects.. my right not to die vs my right to protect myself,
    gun registry vs keeping the gov't out the individuals business, civil debate vs
    just plain rude arguments.

Arrow episode Spectre of the Gun

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

No different than any of the other agenda driven crap that gets served up as entertainment today.

3. Feral

Feral Active Member

Necropost!

I have been catching up on Arrow since they have added a few seasons to Netflix.

I knew of this episode but withheld reading more about it until I finally saw it.

What a load of crap. Not only that, but a few episodes prior they tried very hard to paint the gun carrying citizens as wanna-be heroes firing at shadows in the dark.

In particular when **SPOILER** the citizens were firing at the throwing star killer that wasn't there.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Amen. Pure crap anymore.Even the good shows spew their liberal progressive trash. The one's that don't just go away.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

why shouldn't TV shows base their plots on scenarios that are possible and, although not common or ordinary, HAVE happened before?
    There are plenty of nuts loose with guns in our society. Sometimes they shoot up public places. Maybe it's motivated by race, or religion, or politics. Maybe just bat****-crazy mental illness.
    Either way, it's OK with me for Hollywood to make a TV show off such a scenario.

6. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Agreed. What I and maybe others are referring to is the way some of the shows are depicting us(all of us here ?) as bad guys just because we believe what we do about the 2nd Amendment and guns.

7. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

I tried watching Arrow and didn't make it through the first episode. Too much propaganda, even in the pilot.

8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

All I could find there was a 90 second overview. It just has info on characters and interaction, along with their history.

Also in how easy it is to get a gun, even by those who cannot legally have them. Drugs and all, you know.

Link above diverts me to the "Dangerous Liaisons" episode.

Nemo

www.cwtv.com/shows/arrow/inside-arrow-spectre-of-the-gun

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  9. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

Seems they're getting political.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...ity-issue-and-questions-have-already-started/

MASH was such a great show, up until it went political.

It seems really stupid to go there. About the only thing they can do is anger each side for not taking their side or presenting it as they see it.

10. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

As for "Specter of the Gun"
    I think the sales pitch of "finding common ground" is the same as compromising, and we've seen how that works.