Ever Try It? (Gansta Style)

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by S&W 40, Nov 1, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Just a thought that passed thru my mind. After watching many movies (BG, Cop or other) and see people shooting with a gun in each hand. Seems like accuracy would not be worth a damn and just the coordination would be distracting. Plus I would imagine that you would at least have to have the same caliber and even barrel length other wise the recoil would also be distracting. Anyone ever try it or are you thinking about trying it now? :shoot:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I only have one handgun. A rifle in each hand would be kinda cumbersome.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I have tried shooting with the pistol upside down.

4. Cavediver

Cavediver Member

I've tried it with 2 9mm pistols.
    Permagrin anyone?
    It was fun, funny to the observers, and sort-of accurate out to 7 yards or so.
    After the first few left handed shots, left side accuracy went waaayy down hill. I was concentrating on my right hand (and able to hit my target); the left was, uhh, providing cover fire :lol: Yeah, that's it, cover fire...
    It was still fun though.

5. tace

tace New Member

You can do it accurately, regardless of caliber or gun but you would have to be switching your sighting/focusing. There is a drill in the Firearmz handgun classes that teaches you to target successive targets. Same concept but more lead.

On one of those Discovery Channel shows, this one guy used 2 revolvers to shoot 2 targets 45 degrees apart at the same time. Now, that is marksmanship!!

6. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I've tried shooting with both hands... snubby revolver in my left, G23 in my right... one round (out of 11) the silhouette at 10 yrds when I normall shoot 3-5 groups.

As to gangsta style... I'm waiting on my HoMeBoY NyTe SyTeS.

/I wanna roll w/ the ganstas
    //but I think I'm too white & nerdy

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Never shot two at once.

I let my young teenage boys shoot gangsta style...they like it for the looks, but they're not very accurate. I've never done it.

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

There may or may not be a photograph of me holding my CZ umop apisdn. I was too afraid about hurting my wrists with the slide to actually load the gun. :oops:

I've never tried two at once, but now that I have two handguns in the same caliber I suppose I could try for fun.

9. moonchicken

moonchicken New Member

I have never fired two guns at once (one in each hand), but every now and then at the range I try shooting one handed (not gangsta' style but upright normal) and accuracy goes to crap for anything beyond 15-20 feet. I guess I need more practice. :oops:

10. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I did two 1911's, like Bruce Willis in Last Man Standing. I was shooting at an antifreeze jug about 15 feet away. I put 9 out of 14 thru it. Damn thing kept moving each time I hit it.

Yes, it was fun.

11. GunNut

GunNut New Member

I have, with dual 9mm's and dual .45's. Like others said, accuracy wasn't so good but it was kind of fun. My target was a frozen pond, so hitting it wasn't really an issue.

12. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

In response to cdracing :ditto:
    except both of the 1911's had Crimson Trace grips 8)
    It can be done however, damned little red dot's were hard to keep on the point.
    As far as Bruce in the "The Last Man Standing". . .nice pic but otherwise just a truck load of nonsense :!:
    Just my :2cents:

13. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Yeah it's just another Hollyweird movie, but the gun fights were pretty cool.

14. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Actually, it's a remake of a remake, and surprisingly decent. Willis ain't got nothing on Eastwood, however.

I'd also like to clarify that pistols akimbo are more of a John Woo/heroic bloodshed thing than anything particularly "gangsta". Proper gangsta pistol handling demands a set of these:

[​IMG]

15. 47Cowboy

47Cowboy New Member

Yeppers :!: the movie was a lot of fun :!: Did not know that is was a "remake" of a "remake" :shock: What was the origianl :?: I love old movies and they are lots of fun to watch.
    The "Birdman" ad was just too funny :rotfl2:
    Poor Pilgrams really think this nonsense works :popcorn:
    My response is: come with me to Front Sight, Thunder Ranch, Gunsight or BlackWater and LET'S PLAY :shock:

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I neva shot 2 at once but I have shot 1 cocked 2 da side like a gangsta keepin' it real cuz.

I like bustin' out da choppers and da Glock fo'tays. I be gangsta do. Lata pimpin'. :oops:

17. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I liked the bird man products. I really miss his web site and wish I had saved some of the stuff he had there. I still have the Nuke .50 video that he made.

18. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

The Warrant Officer that ran the rifle range at Camp H.M. Smith in Hawaii used to do a demonstration about the importance of sight alignment and trigger control for every coaches class. He'd take a Beretta hold it upside down pulling the trigger with his pinky and put 15 rounds in the black. Everybody was in awe of him. He'd been in the Corps since Methuselah was a PFC.

19. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Last Man Standing is a remake of the classic Sergio Leone film Fistful of Dollars. That film was adapted from Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, about a wandering ronin who plays bodyguard to warring gangs and eventually brings peace to the town after they destroy each other. A good story works in the Prohibition Era, the Wild West, and Feudal Japan. Proof that a good remake is possible, which can be hard to believe if you've watched many horror films from the last decade.

See also: A Bug's Life/Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai... :D