Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am currently stationed in TX, and found out today that I will be a resident of GA for at least the next four years. I have a TX CHL and will be looking to this site for alot of info during my transition. Looking forward to hearing all of your experiances and tips.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Longbow said:
Hello,
I am currently stationed in TX, and found out today that I will be a resident of GA for at least the next four years. I have a TX CHL and will be looking to this site for alot of info during my transition. Looking forward to hearing all of your experiances and tips.
What's your next duty station?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Welcome, Longbow. You've managed to move fom the hottest place in the US to the 2nd hottest. Welcome to HotLanta and GPDO.
:welcome:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
USMC - Retired said:
Longbow said:
Hello,
Moody AFB--near Valdosta

Nice pic on your post

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-130
Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128

(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(1) Peace officers, as such term is defined in paragraph (11) of Code Section 16-1-3, and retired peace officers so long as they remain certified whether employed by the state or a political subdivision of the state or another state or a political subdivision of another state but only if such other state provides a similar privilege for the peace officers of this state;

(2) Wardens, superintendents, and keepers of correctional institutions, jails, or other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of an offense;

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Longbow said:
USMC - Retired said:
Longbow said:
Hello,
Moody AFB--near Valdosta

Nice pic on your post
Great! Good to have another member in southern Georgia even if it is a zoomie. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ashe said:
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-130
Exemptions from Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128

(a) Code Sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 shall not apply to or affect any of the following persons if such persons are employed in the offices listed below or when authorized by federal or state law, regulations, or order:

(1) Peace officers, as such term is defined in paragraph (11) of Code Section 16-1-3, and retired peace officers so long as they remain certified whether employed by the state or a political subdivision of the state or another state or a political subdivision of another state but only if such other state provides a similar privilege for the peace officers of this state;

(2) Wardens, superintendents, and keepers of correctional institutions, jails, or other institutions for the detention of persons accused or convicted of an offense;

(3) Persons in the military service of the state or of the United States;
WOW!!!!!!!! I'm lovin' Georgia already. Had no idea any state did this. Thanks alot for the info, and look forward to talking with ya'll in the future.

-----------Zoomie OUT 8)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.