Encounter at the Smyrna Kroger

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by DonT, Jun 5, 2016.

1. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I was shopping today in the Kroger at S. Cobb Dr. and Concord, and I saw a man openly carrying a handgun! Besides myself, it was the first time that I personally had encountered OC in that store. He was a middle aged black gentleman, mid to late fifties I think. I was pushing my cart near him, and said, "Hello there...nice firearm you have! Thanks for exercising your 2d Amendment right!" He was a bit startled at this at first. We had a pleasant chat about guns. His handgun was an M&P 45 in a Blackhawk holster. I happened to also ask if he was a member of GeorgiaCarry, and he was. Fancy that.

2. adams454

adams454 Member

I love that Kroger. It's not the closest to me, but it's still plenty close enough to shop at.

3. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a great encounter with a fellow carrier.

:righton:

4. Dan

Dan Cumberland County, Maine

+1. That's an awesome run in at Kroger.

5. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Great encounter. I've never had a problem at Kroger. I openly carry at least once a week at the Jonesboro Kroger (Tara Blvd at Tara Rd). I can't remeber seeing anyone else OC there though.

6. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

That's awesome!

I'm not very familiar with Smyrna...but having gone through there a time or two....seems a wee bit on the iffy side....no?

7. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

(Prices No Longer Valid)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KFSRvcrHIA[/ame]

8. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqk6b6PG3kg[/ame]

9. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Ah...it's not TOO bad. It's certainly not DeKalb county. Nonetheless, I would prefer to carry in that area.

Good encounter DonT. I have yet to see anyone at the Lower Roswell OC besides myself. I expect to see you over there some time, but not so far! ;)

10. DonT

My regular Kroger is the Parkaire one at Lower Roswell, and I think I'm probably known as the other OC gun guy. Never seen any OC there either, besides me. They don't blink at it, anyway. The Smyrna Kroger is where I go when shopping for my mom who lives over that way. Nice Krogers, both. But like you, I never see anyone OC, until that encounter.

The area is pretty good, although along Windy Hill and South Cobb and side roads...can be sketchy at night. Nowhere near as bad as Delk and Franklin area.

11. DonT

Saw my second person packing a handgun in this Kroger, today. Very lazy conceal, young man had a medium sized semi auto with t shirt pulled over it and about 2 inches of slide/barrel clearly showing. Didn't get a chance to say hello, tho.

12. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Which one? I was at the Lower Roswell location around 2:30 today, but was OC, so guess that could considered 'lazy CC'? ☺

Edit...I see you said the Smyrna location.