Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
American
3,289 Posts
Not sure what this has to do with "lefties?"
"new Provost (Dwight McBride, a professor of English and African-American studies, previously at Northwestern)" = lefty.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
I'm guessing people in the law school are generally not happy since many of them view degrees ending with "studies" as a joke.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
And a couple of other members have attended Emory LS. Yes, there are a lot of lefties there, but there are a fair number of conservatives, too.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I think outside the law program they are almost all emroids.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
And attending Emory gives you special dispensation or something?

Nemo (Thomas M. Cooley Law School)

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
Then you teach them what the law is, not what they want/think/feel/believe it should be.

Nemo

·
American
3,289 Posts
And attending Emory gives you special dispensation or something?

Nemo (Thomas M. Cooley Law School)
Ah, Western Michigan Univ. Turned down a faculty position there, too much snow. Nice folks.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Thomas M. Cooley

I could have had a full or nearly full scholarship to Thomas M. Cooley School of law.
I wasn’t put off by the weather in Michigan; I’m from Buffalo NY.
When I look at my student loan debt incurred at Emory, I wonder if I shouldn’t have gotten my legal education up north.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Emory, even the law school, is pretty hard Left / Progressive generally, with a possible exception in the area of taxation on businesses and regulation of business and industry.
Many law students are in favor of letting business owners have a free hand to build up their business.

Note the recent article by Torts professor Frank Vandall on how the Las Vegas shooting should prompt new gun control in the form of owners of semi-auto paramilitary rifles not being allowed to keep them at home, but must instead store them in a government run armory, to be checked out (with a small and carefully counted supply of ammo) daily and returned immediately after you leave the shooting range.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
Ah, Western Michigan Univ. Turned down a faculty position there, too much snow. Nice folks.
Was not WMU when I went. TMCLS was an independent non-affiliated school.

Side note, they have the largest (physically) J.D. degree in the country. Its about 26" by 32". Really makes an impression hanging on the wall.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Was not WMU when I went. TMCLS was an independent non-affiliated school.

Side note, they have the largest (physically) J.D. degree in the country. Its about 26" by 32". Really makes an impression hanging on the wall.

Nemo
I guess they figure that if 59% of graduates FAIL the bar exam, then at least they can have a really big-ass worthless piece of paper to hang on the wall.

https://abovethelaw.com/2017/01/law...f-majority-fail-results-on-the-july-bar-exam/

Note to Nemo...this isn't directed to YOU or the graduates of years gone by...this is more of a comment directed to the f-ed up system that encourages too many law schools and too many students that aren't really suited for law school.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
comment directed to the f-ed up system that encourages too many law schools and too many students that aren't really suited for law school.
I agree completely.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,144 Posts
That bar exam is killer. Ask Hillary.
And Va is routinely recognized as one of the 5 most difficult in the nation.

Interesting side note. No law school education/graduation is required to sit for the bar here. Similar to what was done a couple hundred years back, 5 years or more of supervised study under Bar member who certifies you are ready is sufficient to be approved to take the exam.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts