Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know, my wife attends Life University in Marietta. They have been sending out e-mails for a while now saying that on Tuesday 11/16 they will be doing emergency response and emergency preparedness drills at the school. The drills were joint between Life Univ Police, Marietta Police, Marietta Fire Dept, and Cobb County Police.

While I have no problems with this and understand the need for them, they did get a little carried away at one point.

They had costumed "masked gunmen" with blank firing guns rush into the student cafe yelling and firing. The cafe there is a 28,000sf student cafeteria/lounge/study area/hang out. The "victims" who were shot knew about it, but in none of the notices that they sent said that there would be people portraying masked gunmen. It seems that some students were rather upset by this "incident" happening and went to the Univ Presidents office in tears after.

What would have happened if there was a Marietta PD officer there who did know about the drill and saw "masked gunmen" entering the cafe and returned fire?

What would have happened if a student or someone else was armed (even though it's not legal on campus) and saw the "masked gunmen" shooting, didn;t know that it was part of a drill, and drilled the guys with a few rounds in the chests?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
What will happen if someone sees the next emergency response drill as an opportunity to go plug some people and have a good lead before the cops are called because everyone will have been very well informed that it is going to happen?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: I think they are taking this entirely too far. What is this? Training to be in the Navy SEALs or something.

Completely ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
That is a horrible :cantsay: idea. I'd be pretty damn upset too. And, as someone that WILL make a weapon out of something in a REAL situation like that, someone might've gotten hurt had I got the chance. Not very smart at all on the part of the school. :evil:

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
Adam I would try to contact a newspaper in the area and let them know what happened.

·
Registered
670 Posts
When they film a movie scene with violence in a public area, they post notices everywhere to make sure anyone even near the area understands it is staged. Anyone at Life who reasonably felt there was a real attack should file aggravated assault charges against all involved.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,727 Posts
Masked gunmen firing blanks?! What lunacy is this? Someone could have had a heart attack, or the people could have stampeded and hurt or killed a few people in the rush to get out of there.

The administration at Life University in Marietta are idiots. I hope several people sue them for emotional pain and suffering.

·
Romans 10:13
4,627 Posts
This was extremely wreckless on their part.

·
Registered
897 Posts
i can tell you from my own stand point that after what i went through, had this happened and i had been there at least one of the "masked actors" would have been hurt very badly.

That is absolutly crazy and someone needs to man up and say that they screwed up and attempt to fix it.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
If I had been there, dropping off a student, I likely would've plugged a few innocent "masked men". Nuff said. I'd like to think that any court in the land would back me up.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
OMG - what a tremendously dumb idea and great way to get shot by someone ignoring or exempt from the school gun zone restriction...

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Is there a link?

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Adam5 said:
What would have happened if there was a Marietta PD officer there who did know about the drill and saw "masked gunmen" entering the cafe and returned fire?

What would have happened if a student or someone else was armed (even though it's not legal on campus) and saw the "masked gunmen" shooting, didn;t know that it was part of a drill, and drilled the guys with a few rounds in the chests?
Justified homicide?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts