Elon Musk Offers To Buy And Then Delete Facebook

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by GlockGary, Apr 1, 2018.

1. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

https://alternative-science.com/technology/elon-musk-facebook

"Today, Musk announced that he has reached out to Facebook and offered to buy every share of the company, effectively making him the sole owner of the social media platform. Musk was speaking to a gathering of SpaceX and Tesla investors and told the group even though he has deep misgivings about the site, he’d “do humanity a favor” and buy it."

"Musk showed the investors in the room an animated video that detailed his plans for Facebook. The video shows a SpaceX Falcon rocket blasting off into the sky. At one point the two solid boosters fall off and glide on a precise path down to the landing pad. Both rockets land perfectly square, and one ends up resting gently on a big red button labeled “DELETE.”

“And you can see that the second side booster would end up pressing the delete button,” Musk said. “Which would send a proton torpedo down the exhaust port of Facebook’s headquarters, triggering a chain reaction that should destroy the platform.”

Cheers erupted in the room. Chants of “**** Zuck! **** Zuck! **** Zuck!” reverberated throughout the building, growing so loud it drowned out the sound of the ocean’s waves at every beach on the planet. Musk stepped away from the podium he was speaking from, raised his arms in the air in triumph, and took in the adulation from everyone in the room."

2. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

lots of crazy stories, what's it about April 1 ?

Schweisshund likes this.

3. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Too bad it's April 1st...because I think that is an AWESOME idea. There is nothing good about Fecesbook.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Although I'm sure that he's not fully being serious, he made the statement a couple of days ago. A great dig at Mark Zuckerberg though...

5. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The chant part was nice.

GlockGary likes this.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I copied this over one minute ago. Maybe not an April 1 thing.

The 3 days ago makes it a March 29 or so thing. So it seems anyway.

Nemo

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Musk shouldn't be so cocky. Tesla has its own major problems.

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Yeah???

Is he selling peoples personal information as bad or worse than Facebook? Is he even selling peoples personal information at all?

9. moe mensale

Tesla isn't a social medium platform. :shakehead:

10. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I know Tesla isn't a social media platform. I was just wondering if you did. If so what does Tesla or even Space X have to do with the deletion of Facebook? Or maybe explain what MAJOR problems Elon Musk or Tesla has that would equate to Facebook's?

11. moe mensale

First off, since Tesla isn’t a social media platform, comparing it to Facebook is apples to oranges. Secondly, these are just my opinions but mostly supported by easily verified publicly available facts.

Musk is a showman. He has no intention of buying, much less shutting down Facebook. He opens his mouth spouting off outrageous things like that to bolster the stock value of Tesla.

Tesla has been around since 2003 and has never generated a profit from operations. It relies heavily on taxpayer funded subsidization for every vehicle it sells. It relies on Musk making future promises he won’t be able to fulfill but which Wall Street loves to hear and keeps sending him more money. Its bonds were recently downgraded. Its market capitalization is based on hot air and media hype. Functionally, it’s bankrupt and its real value should be zero.

If/when Tesla folds, every one of its cars will become unserviceable because there’s no third party service infrastructure available. And how much will they be worth at that point?

Its products suffer from recalls, fires, crashes – including one auto mode death – production delays, hacking, high insurance, maintenance and repair costs.

As for SpaceX, Musk recently said he was going to send manned missions to Mars in the next few years. Based on what we know currently, it’s logistically impossibile. Here’s a quick read:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3439356

But what it did do was bump Tesla’s stock price. Which is his real goal of keeping the dying elephant alive a bit longer.

12. moe mensale

NTA likes this.
  13. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Tesla tried to draw me into their scam several years ago. I applied to what looked like a regular mechanical engineering job. Turns out it was really for something tied to Tesla. My spidey sense went to yellow alert very quickly, as something just didn't seem right.

They wanted me to design stuff for their cars, but I would have been personally liable for not only safety type stuff, but also for business aspects. And they danced around and dodged answers to questions I had, even before the interview. That told me that the whole Tesla thing is a big scam. I never replied to their interview invitation.

14. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Eventually the 'math' will catch up with some of his businesses (not the gov funded ones, the gov prints all they need)

Funny how folks that tap into the 'we want to believe' feelings, no matter what those feelings are about, can gather a crowd of supporters. Science and engineering and real vs. fake issues are never examined. Guess that's why we will always have Confidence men like Madoff or Corzine.

15. moe mensale

The take-away from the Eric Peters article.

16. moe mensale

It seems that Elon Musk is determined to flush his flagship company down the drain all by himself. Recently there was the "pedophile" incident with the rescue team of the trapped Thai hikers. Then Musk, on his own with Board input, decides he wants to take the company private so people won't get rich shorting his stock and lies about the "secured financing" to do it which gets the SEC on his case.

Now there's his latest grab at the "stupid ring." This guy is a damn moron.
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/07/tesla-chief-accounting-officer-dave-morton-resigns/

17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

you know, I'd pay good money (well not good money but a little bit of money)to be a member of something like Facebook that has very strict privacy policies and verifies the identity of every single person or business that tries to create an account. Nobody would be allowed to create an account anonymously and their credentials would have to be verified in order to join.
    There would be no spam, no targeted advertising, no data collection, no pop-up ads, nothing like that.

All chain letters and "if you love Jesus pass it on" messages would be deleted and the offending posters or re-posters sanctioned.

18. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

I was hoping Elon would outlast Mark Cuban. Probably not.

19. moe mensale

That's definitely not a sure bet! :lol:

20. moe mensale