Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I've seen this point reached with both of my late mother in laws.

It is a sad moment to hear the doctor say, "It was a valiant battle, but we're not going to win this one."

·
Registered
117 Posts
No doubt. My dad passed away from pancreatic cancer and my mom is a breast cancer survivor. The disease sucks. Only thing doctors can do when it gets to that point is to try and keep the patients as comfortable as possible.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
I've seen too many people taken by this disease and it pisses me off.

Mrs. Edwards seems like a decent lady.....my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,329 Posts
Terrible situation for Mrs. Edwards to be in.
:(

As for the issue of nobody being able to come up with a cure or vaccine for cancer, I wonder if the process would go faster if not for the drug companies proceeding with great caution out of fear of being sued by attorneys like Edwards and his firm if some drug turns out to have delayed-onset consequences?

America has safe drugs, sure.
But we don't always have effective drugs, or we don't have them first in the world, in part because of the excessive federal regulation of drugs and a cover-you-butt mentality among drug companies and medical care providers.
Caution is a good thing, but too much caution hinders progress.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
bdee said:
Prayers should go out to her. John Edwards didn't deserve her, but it looks like he is now by her side. It's sad that as much as we know some cancers kill despite our best efforts.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/el ... 68745.html
:righton: Prayers going out. There is no doubt that Elizabeth Edwards is a wonderful women, I cannot say the same about her husband, though. I agree. I don't think he deserved her. She seemed like a great women.

I cannot wait until a cure for cancer comes out. It has killed too many people, and often at a very young age. Not in this case, but you understand what I mean. Its a very painful way to go in some cases. I saw my grandfather slowly die of it, and its just horrible.

If she does pass, I hope it is as painless as possible. Prayers definitely on their way.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
EJR914 said:
There is no doubt that Elizabeth Edwards is a wonderful women.....
Why when someone becomes ill or die people forget who they are really????

She is a stinking liberal married for years with a disgusting piece of guano.
Don't you think she never got some guano on her and she does not smell guano too?

They are the enemies inside our country and try to destroy our Constitution.

It will be one less vote for the stinking liberals. Yay!

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Kestak,

It doesn't get much lower than guano, and you're right down there with it!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
kestak said:
EJR914 said:
There is no doubt that Elizabeth Edwards is a wonderful women.....
Why when someone becomes ill or die people forget who they are really????

She is a stinking liberal married for years with a disgusting piece of guano.
Don't you think she never got some guano on her and she does not smell guano too?

They are the enemies inside our country and try to destroy our Constitution.

It will be one less vote for the stinking liberals. Yay!
I agree that in death, or near death, all wrong doing in live is just simply forgotten, but goodness, she's not guano. Now her husband on the other hand... yes, very much so.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
RIP Elizabeth Edwards, prayers on the way.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't expect her to go out so quickly. So sad. RIP

·
Swollen Member
11,951 Posts
:?

What is newsworthy about Elizabeth Edwards' death? I sincerely want to understand.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Mrs_Esterhouse said:
:?

What is newsworthy about Elizabeth Edwards' death? I sincerely want to understand.
I would conservatively estimate that 99.3% of things in the news are not truly newsworthy.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Prior to the revelations about what a dirt bag John Edwards was, it was plausible this woman would have been the first lady right now. Not likely but plausible. Maybe her death can lead to an increased effort for cancer research.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts