Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://dalesdesigns.net/EP.htm

At first I thought, meh, I don't use credit cards only a checkcard. But I can see the future.
Does your card have an RFID chip?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must be missing your point, where did I say RFID was new technology?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Security by insurance. Dispute the fraudulent charges!

One of my business cards has had a chip in it for years. Only used it a few times. Ironically, McDonalds is one of the places that takes the contactless payment (on business trips everything gets charged - even the $2 breakfast and coffee, :lol:).

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If you use some aluminum foil and make a pocket in it will protect your cards.
I insist none of my cards be RFID. And I check them too. I you have questions call you card company and have them issue you a new RFID free card.

Some students at Tech did this and got 600+ account numbers with a palm RFID reader held in the hand just to prove it could be done.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
give them a quick visit to the microwave just a few seconds
problem solved

but no more tap and go at the fast food place

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Campeck1911 said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
I must be missing your point, where did I say RFID was new technology?
It was said in the video.
I understand your confusion now. When the news reader was referring to "new technology" he was referring to the netbook and RFID reader being used to gather information, not the RFID itself.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Rule number 1: Never have or use a debit card except when you go to the ATM to withdraw money
Rule number 2: Never carry the debit card on you except to go to the ATM
Rule number 3: Only use credit card to perform purchases.

The reason is very simple: If a crook gets you with your debit card, the money is gone. If a crook gets you with the credit card, their money is gone.

In the last 5 years (Since July 2005), I had to change credit card 14 times because of fraud. NEVER it was more trouble than calling the credit card company to contest the charges and change the numbers of automatic payments.

My best friend 3 months ago got screwed with his debit card. It took one month to get the money back into his bank account, 4 calls to the bank and 2 visits. Moreover, he was out of an ATM card for one month and half.

I know some of you may have had different experiences. But why risk it? Also, most credit cards have a double your warranty clause, "customer satisfaction clause" and "Oh my God, I broke the vase by dropping it on the ground!!!" clause if you buy with the card (except motor vehicles and a few other items). Why pay a premium for extended warranty when you have one free?

For those who say they spend too much with credit cards: If you do not have the intellectual discipline to manage your expenses and pay every month the whole balance, how the heck can you have the mental discipline to carry all the responsibilities to carry a gun! :sly:

Oh! and by the way, I get a fat check every year because both of my cards are 1%/2% cash back.

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,306 Posts
Puffyfish said:
If you use some aluminum foil and make a pocket in it will protect your cards.
I have the inside of my hats lined with foil so people will not steal my thoughts!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts