Electronic Fingerprints and 60 days

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am curious. How many people have had electronic fingerprints but still had their license issue later than 60 days after the date of application?

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Both myself and my wife in Lee County.

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Not sure exactly. In Cherokee they took the prints electronically, then printed them on cards, which I took back to the Probate office. It took more than 60 days regardless.

4. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Electronic prints and 98 days in Cobb last year.

5. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

E- prints

Mine took over 120 days and I was e-printed!!

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Was that before or after July 1st?

Before then the law said that hard copies had to be sent to the GCIC and NCIC. So either they were supposed to use ink directly on the cards (all 10 fingers so if one finger messed up, all had to be redone) or scanned and then printed out a hard copy to be sent (either way it took the same amount of time, just less chance of error on scanned copies). So before the law changed, just becuase they scanned your prints did not mean they were submitted electronically.

Since the law now allows electronic submission of prints, the time it takes should be drastically shorter.

7. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I had electronic fingerprints done in DeKalb and I was ~75 days or so... and that was with some cajoling on my end.

8. ForeverInDebt

ForeverInDebt New Member

Gilmer County

Gilmer County. Scanned fingerprints printed onto cards. Took 90 days.