Ed's in Stockbridge does it again.

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Ken1961, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

I just wanted to give Kudos to the people at Ed's Pawn and Public Safety in Stockbridge.

I had my eye on either a Ruger Sp101 or a pretty Smith & Wesson snubby, both in .357. The purchase was depending on the sale of my GP100. The GP finally sold and I went today to replace the GP with one or the other. Once there I was directed to yet another sp101. One I hadn't noticed before. there was a significant difference in the price, enough to make it's purchase a deal. The gentleman at the counter indicated that it may have been a mistake but immediately said the price would be honored.

I almost felt guilty but I bought the little pistol. I also spent a bit more there in ammo and a gun rug. If they'd had a couple of speed loaders I'd have gotten them as well.

The great service and gentlemanly attitude of the crew there will always bring me back.

In fact, I'll be looking for a 45-70 Marlin guide gun (6 cap mag) next year. I'll ask the team there to order it for me.

Thanks to the fellows at Ed's.

I recommend them completely.

2. JMan

JMan New Member

I try and buy my guns from them also , Robert and Jim and the guy that works for the Sheriff in monroe are good people

3. shamalama

shamalama New Member

I find it very difficult going into Ed's with any money in my wallet.

4. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Ya know, I have the same problem. The wife has even tried to ban me from the place. The guys there just laugh and wink, "Sure lady, whatever you say." :shattered:

5. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

going IN with money in my pocket is not my problem. coming OUT with money in my pocket is my problem.

6. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

I'll try to get some up tonight. Thinking of making a new icon with both rugers. The SR9c and the Sp101.

Thanks for asking.

Mountain ( or anybody who this fits), btw, do you own a 45-70? have you shot both a 45-70 and a Mosin? if so how do they compare for recoil? I've shot the Mosin and know it's a kicker, but I've never shot a 45-70.

7. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

I'm definitely a fan of the Marlin guide guns. The .45-70 is a fun round. You can go from a minor slow push of black powder all the way up to self inflicted dental work if you load your own. It has 137 years of custom loads scaling from rabbits to elephants with a handful of shot formulas to boot.

Once you get the Marlin, ask me about the other fun toy you'll lust after. :mrgreen:

9. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

Thanks for the link Mountain.

45, when I get it I will be asking.

Of course you could just tell me now. ;)