Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out of the loop on guns lately so I figured I would come to you guys for some direction. Looking for:
9mm
Polymer frame
Da/sa
Double stack
Barrel under 3.5"

What you got?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm out of the loop on guns lately so I figured I would come to you guys for some direction. Looking for:
9mm
Polymer frame
Da/sa
Double stack
Barrel under 3.5"

What you got?
Aside from the DA/SA the GLOCK 26 is your weapon.

·
Super Moderator
7,141 Posts
Polymer framed DA/SA is gonna be a toughie other than the Beretta PX series...

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
Taurus millennium generation 2 is a pre-staged trigger like a Glock, but it reverts to DA mode for second strike capability.
One of those with a stainless steel upper and a polymer lower wouldn't be a bad choice, and it's inexpensive too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@gunsmsoker I'm not a fan of Taurus pistols. Their revolvers are great in my book though.
I've carried a couple steel frame Da/sa that where nearly perfect fir me besides the weight. I prefer the trigger over a Dao pistol. After carrying an fns9 for a bit I'm set on 3.5" or less for comfort. The size and shape of my hands makes a double stack more comfortable. If it weren't for the barrel length I would love to have a CZ p01, fnx, or sar. Haven't found anything to fit the bill yet.
@archangel I'm ignorant of the Beretta PX series, will have to check them out.
@headspace The grip angle on the gen 3 g26 is not right for me. I don't have any experience with other gens other than knowing the action is not what I'm looking for right now.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've heard good things about both the Beretta Storm and the FNP, but have no experience with either. The last DA polymer frame pistols I had were both Berettas, a 9000 subcompact and a full sized 90-two. Both shot great and handled well, for the most part, but the 90-two was too big for my needs at the time, and the 9000's slide ran inside the rails, and was difficult for my fat fingers and thumb to manipulate. Having said that, I can only attest to Beretta's quality, though their customer service leaves much to be desired. I have only hearsay to offer for FN.
The Gen 4 Glocks have grip options, for what it's worth. My Gen 4 19 fits better than the Gen 3 ever did. Might be worth a look, unless you're totally committed to the DA/SA thing.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
You can go with an FN FNP9, but o think they are 4".
That was my first thought.

The FNS compact is 3.6", but is SA only. Otherwise, that's a pretty good bet. Better trigger than a Glock, reasonably priced and a good shooter out of the box.

I have no idea why FNH never released a compact version of the hammer fired series. They were on the FNHUSA website several years ago and they just never appeared.

Az

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
Or if you want to go the 10mm route. This one has a 3.6" barrel:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
QUOTE: I've carried a couple steel frame Da/sa that where nearly perfect fir me besides the weight. I prefer the trigger over a Dao pistol.

MY COMMENT: I wouldn't call a Glock's trigger system a Double Action Only. Much of the striker's spring compression is pre-staged for you by the cycling of the slide.
You just have to add 5-6 lbs. of additional pressure (on the trigger) to fire it. Your finger isn't doing ALL the work.
Glocks, Springfield XD's, S&W M&P pistols, and other such "safe action" striker fired guns have MUCH BETTER triggers-- shorter in travel and lighter in weight-- than either a DA revolver or a true DAO semi-auto, like the first generation Taurus PT-111 that I had.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I'll have to second that. While I enjoy my other firearms, I can fire my Glock almost as fast as a full-auto. :sly: :lol:

Seriously, once you get a feel for the reset (which doesn't take long), firing quick succession shots is easy.

QUOTE: I've carried a couple steel frame Da/sa that where nearly perfect fir me besides the weight. I prefer the trigger over a Dao pistol.

MY COMMENT: I wouldn't call a Glock's trigger system a Double Action Only. Much of the striker's spring compression is pre-staged for you by the cycling of the slide.
You just have to add 5-6 lbs. of additional pressure (on the trigger) to fire it. Your finger isn't doing ALL the work.
Glocks, Springfield XD's, S&W M&P pistols, and other such "safe action" striker fired guns have MUCH BETTER triggers-- shorter in travel and lighter in weight-- than either a DA revolver or a true DAO semi-auto, like the first generation Taurus PT-111 that I had.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'd recommend one of the following:

- H&K P30SK
- H&K P2000SK
- Beretta PX4 Subcompact

·
Registered
254 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts