Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is restricting calories and working out very hard and getting in awesome shape. Along the way, she has made a surprising discovery.

It is about salad. this is the go-to diet food when out to eat, right?

Zaxby's salad is 1200 calories. In other words, some fat woman who proclaims, "But all I eat is 5 salads a day" would be consuming 6000 calories daily. FYI, daily maintenance for most women is down around 1500 or 1600. The average obese woman in America consumes about 4000.

Cracker Barrel - a family favorite when on the road. My wife stopped eating the salad and gets fish (grilled Haddock or lemon pepper trout) when she realized that she saves 300 calories over the salads she had been eating there.

Cracker Barrel (again) - some trainer at her gym recommended this little brussel sprouts and kale salad side as "healthy." She ordered it without thinking (hey, a "trainer" must know, right?) and was shocked that it was sweet. It has 20 grams of fat, 33 grams of carbs of which 25 are pure sugar! So now all these fat women at the gym are eating this dessert (um, salad) thinking they are doing something healthy.

The ignorance out there is astounding.

No wonder the whole country is turning into obese blobs.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Several years ago two of my friends decided to do their version of the Subway diet. The difference was they were eating Boar's Head subs from Publics. They were surprised when they started gaining weight.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Several years ago two of my friends decided to do their version of the Subway diet. The difference was they were eating Boar's Head subs from Publics. They were surprised when they started gaining weight.
Do people even realize what they are eating when they eat processed deli meats?

I used to eat like that.

·
Like a Boss
3,034 Posts
Zaxby's salad is 1200 calories.
https://www.zaxbys.com/zaxbys-nutritional-information/

The highest calorie salad on their menu is the Cobb with fried chicken at 820kcal. You could get it to 1200 with a double serving of Thousand Island, their highest calorie dressing. But does anyone honestly believe that a "salad" covered in fried chicken, processed cheese, and two tubs of sugar-infused soybean oil is healthy or low-calorie?

On the other hand, the Cobb with grilled chicken, no cheese, toast, or fried onions, and the lite vinaigrette dressing comes in at a much more reasonable 345kcal. I don't think that's a bad option for someone trying to eat healthily.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sign on the drive up menu had it at 1200. Maybe they added salad dressing?

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IHOP has a salad at 1390 calories!

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone honestly believe that a "salad" covered in fried chicken, processed cheese, and two tubs of sugar-infused soybean oil is healthy or low-calorie?
Yes! That's the whole point of the thread! :lol:

·
American
3,289 Posts
4000 calories on low carb and you will still gain fat.
Lost 90 pounds on ketogenic diet. All the meat and cheese I wanted, sometimes 4000+ calories in a day. Lost weight steadily and never felt better in my life. Recommended by my cardiologist. LDLs went WAY down too.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chic Fil A "Superfood Side" has 25 grams of carbs.

Contains among other ingredients: maple syrup, soybean oil, water, brown sugar . . .

THIS is the one that the trainer at the gym was recommending, not the Cracker Barrel one. My beautiful wife has corrected me.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sometimes 4000+ calories in a day.
"Sometimes" ain't an average. There is no way you lose weight on 4000 calories average daily intake, no matter what "diet" fad you happen to be following.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Sometimes" ain't an average. There is no way you lose weight on 4000 calories average daily intake, no matter what "diet" fad you happen to be following.
I will make an exception to this if you happen to be a Mr. Olympia competitor. Since I do not know you in person, you might be Justin Compton for all I know.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Sorry, data says you're wrong. And the ketogenic diet has 50+ years of data. Most MDs never read it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've lost about 30lbs just by counting calories using MyFitnessPal.com and walking every day. Feel much better and my last Dr check up was good, everything normal.

It is amazing that once you start looking at what your putting into your pie hole, what is healthy for you and what is not.

My problem is that I can lose the weight but have problems maintaining, trying to change that.

Good luck.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've lost about 30lbs just by counting calories using MyFitnessPal.com and walking every day. Feel much better and my last Dr check up was good, everything normal.

It is amazing that once you start looking at what your putting into your pie hole, what is healthy for you and what is not.

My problem is that I can lose the weight but have problems maintaining, trying to change that.

Good luck.
MyFitnessPal is great and very easy to use. I am glad it is working for you. I have never met anybody who has used it and not benefitted from it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts