Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Thanks Budder, I'm stealing from your original "staffing" post!)

The first weekend in August there is a gun show at the Macon Centreplex and GCO needs your help staffing our table! We will have banners, flyers, and membership applications, but we need you guys to provide the smiling faces, enthusiasm, and knowledge of what GCO has done.

This is your advanced noticed Middle Georgia members! GCO's public gunshow debute in Gwinnett was a big success from all accounts, lets show the Metro Atlanta boys & girls that we can do just as well down here in the heart of the state even if we don't have as many members. :wink:

The show will run from 9-5 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday. We can be there from 9AM on Saturday and 9AM on Sunday for setup, as well as Friday from 4PM-8PM. If all the materials are ready in time, I'd like to have everything set up Friday. We shouldn't need more than 30 minutes to set everything up, but it should definitely be done on Friday, well before the show.

If you can help out for even an hour or two, it would be really helpful. Just PM me, email me at tink at mgh4 dot com or give me a call at (478)461- four, seven, six, two. I'm going to try to be there on Friday for setup and both weekend days to fill in any gaps. Ideally, we need two volunteers at all times.

Code:
Friday Setup 
Name               Availability
Merlock             4:30 till we get set up!

Weekend gun show (need two people per slot)

Time                  Saturday                                  Sunday
09-10                 Tink / Georgia Glocker              (closed till 10am)
10-11                 Tink / Georgia Glocker              Gizmo / Tony218        
11-12                 Tink / Georgia Glocker              Gizmo / Tony218 
12-01                 Tink / Georgia Glocker              Merlock / PackinPeaches
01-02                 Wsweeks2 / Georgia Glocker          Tink / Merlock / P.P.
02-03                 Wsweeks2 / Georgia Glocker          Tink / Merlock
03-04                 Merlock / Georgia Glocker           Tink / Merlock
04-05                 Merlock / Georgia Glocker           Tink / Merlock
Tinkerhell,
GCO Central Georgia Gun Show Coordinator

PS: Budder & MP & whoever else that has suggestions for specific "do it this way" or "this worked really well" please let me know.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
There was a lot if interest in the lists of places that were and were not off limits. We had table copies, thanks to Tony, but copies to hand out would have been nice.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I should be able to make the trek down at some time on Saturday - just need to check with the boss and see what time works best for me. I'll be able to do at least 2 hours as well.

·
Super Moderator
16,485 Posts
If you have any other questions, I'm more than happy to answer them. I also sent a copy of that PM to gsusnake, for his records. If we could keep updating and refining that PM, I'm sure we'll have a really good guide/checklist for running a show ready in a month or two.

·
Romans 10:13
4,652 Posts
Count me in. I can make it for set-up on Friday as well. I'll send you a PM Tinker concerning hours.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts