Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I saw the same thing and was looking for the non existent comments section. First off, he says that person to person transfers are basically regulation free in most states, and then goes on to list all the requirements for getting a puppy. So he's saying if I take one of my next door neighbor's puppies, I'll have to meet all these requirements? (And I just rescued a puppy from Paws Atlanta a year or so ago, and while they reserve the right to do home visits and whatnot, there were none of these things actually done)

Talk about misleading.

It's quite insulting that these "journalists" think that most people reading their drivel are that stupid.

Az

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
So your neighbor can just HAND you an assault kitten or puppy? scary..

And I can use someone elses cold medicine. Think of the kids!

Also... I need to go somewhere but dont have a license, but I can get a ride with someone who does or even better, take an UBER and not have a license to be in that car? CRIMINAL!!!

lol

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
So are those people trying to give away puppies in front of Walmart committing some sort of crime?

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
My wife and I do dog rescue. We pull them from various animal control shelters around the state and find forever homes for them. When it comes to the red tape at the shelters, the hoops you have to leap through when dealing with the SPCA and the GDOA I can honestly verify the fact it is easier to buy a gun in Georgia than to save the life of a dog. We sometimes have to spend thousands on a single dog for vet bills and have a maximum allowed adoption fee of $250. Yes it is an expensive hobby but we love doing it. Most of the dogs iin the shelters are 'Owner Surrender". Which means the dogs were not well cared for have serious disease such as heart worms which is too expensive to get treatment so their slime bag owner doesn't even want to bear the expense to put them down. So we rescue them, pay the vet bills for their treatment and find caring homes for them. We have one now we that had a bladder stone. The total vet bill was $4,358 including the heart worm treatment. Adoption fee $250. Luke was one of those owner surrenders. If anyone is interested he is a very pretty black and white Spaniel mix. I can post pics is someone is interested.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hell - you can "get a kid" easier than both. Regardless - a puppy is a living being, a gun is just a tool (like a hammer, drill, shovel, etc.) - it should be harder to get a dog, etc.
Article is still a POS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts