EAA Witness

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by JMJ2, Oct 13, 2010.

1. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

I'm thinking about adding another 10mil to the armory. I'm looking at the EAA witness in 10mil. Glock 20 or 29 is not on my list because I have a G30 and I don't want another polymer frame pistol. I'm looking for a Stainless all steel pistol. I've got a very good S&W 1006 that I want to retire while its in great condition. Any 10mm fans out there with any knowledge of the EAA Witness 10mm. It might be the closest thing I can get to a Bren 10.

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I love the witness pistols. Currently on my second witnes .45. With that being said though I think the 10mm round is too much for them. I've read several opinions and have heard alot of people say that the 10mm round puts alot of internal pressure on the gun and if its not designed just for 10mm it cant handle it.
    I know a guy that bought one used (supposedly never fired) and the slide cracked about a month later. I'll praise the .45 witness and lesser calibers all day but 10mm.... not so much

3. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

I'm surprise that the Witness isn't built for the 10mm. This late in the game I would think companies manufacturing guns for the 10mm would build a gun to handle the cartridge. I'm surprise to hear that. I read somewhere Sti or something makes one.
    Who else makes all Stainless Steel 10s?

4. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

Colt makes the Delta Elite. I am sure there are stainless ones. I do not know for sure. Vltor(sp?) is supposed to have the "rights" to remake the "Bren 10" and supposedly in process. There are some 3rd gen Smith's that are chambered for the 10mm (You already knew that). Kimber Eclipse is chambered in 10mm. There are others who escape me.

Hope this helps.

5. BWCustoms

BWCustoms New Member

I miss my .45 EAA Witness Compact P

I think Im gonna pickup another one just to have it again. Good news is you can get alot of EAA's under $400 brand new :)

Only reason I sold my compact back then was to finally get my 1st 1911. Now I would love to own both. Great gun out the box, very accurate, low recoil.

6. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

agreed
    I'm taking mine down to ga range and gun sunday to put some more rounds through it. Fun gun to shoot and fits my hand well. As for the witness not being built for 10mm do your own research because I could be wrong. But thats just what I've heard.

7. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

Yea, I heard about the Vltor remake of the Bren 10. They probaly will be very expensive, will see. If S&W had made a 3rd Gen compact 10mm the size of the 4516 I'd jump on it. I'm going to research the EAA Witness some more.

8. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Make sure you research EAA's customer support too. Tanfoglio makes the pistols, but distribution and support is through EAA. Many folks have had issues with EAA customer support.

9. JMJ2

JMJ2 New Member

I'll look into their customer support and thanks for all the info.