Dumb & Dumber

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by inkdaddy, Jan 29, 2011.

1. inkdaddy

inkdaddy Member

Late Wednesday night...at 12:40pm....my wife and I were talking when we heard someone come onto our front porch. Our dog went crazy. As I came to the front door..( with Glock in hand)....I looked out the side window and saw this "scanky looking woman" standing at my front door. She started knocking. I responded through the door "who is it"...she replied..."Gabby". When I asked again who it was...again she replied..."Gabby"....Not knowing who this person was..and seeing she was the only one on my porch...I slowly opened my front door a bit. The woman had something in her hand that looked like a cell phone. She proceeded to raise her hand with it and said...."He Mister...do you want to buy a GPS?"...which she proceeded to show me which was turned on.......I proceeded to raise my hand and showed her my Glock 30 and said..."Hey Lady....do you want to get yourself Shot??"...She quickly exited my porch to what I then saw was a running vehicle in my driveway all smashed up with two broken headlights....I followed her to my porch front door...all the while keeping my Glock "lazily" sighted on her and the car. When she got to the passenger side of the car the driver yelled to her....."What did he say?"...and her reply was...."He asked me if I wanted to get shot and he had a gun"....they both quickly left my driveway, started up the hill...and the car stalled out. The driver got out trying to figure out what was wrong, got back into the car...got it going and up the hill they went. Him getting out of the car gave me the opportunity to get a good description of him also.

911 we go...gave the dispatcher all the info.....and less than 5 minutes later my phone rang back from a Gwinnett LEO...asking me again the decription of the vehicle and the occupants....I then heard him tell the dispatcher over the radio that he had the vehicle pulled over. About 20 minutes later I got into my car and drove to the exit of my development and was greeted by 4 Gwinnett LEO patrol cars....two in front and two in back of the vehicle with "Dumb" & "Dumber"...in handcuff's....

Here are the two idiots....

http://www.gwinnettmugs.com/?city=Al...&id=2011292200

http://www.gwinnettmugs.com/?city=Al...&id=2011292211

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

3. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Are you suggesting that the GPS might have been stolen? :sly:

4. Hunley

Hunley Active Member

Gotta love what meth does to someones face...

5. AV8R

AV8R Banned

:D She didn't even complain about you answering a question with a question?

6. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

Just wondering if the time of the incident and appearance of the woman was the reasoning behind your 911 call? What did you tell the dispatchers the problem was? I'm not condemning you for your actions. Great job on helping get criminals off the street. Especially a drunk driver.

7. AtlantaJames

AtlantaJames New Member

In my area in the city, it's illegal to solicit door to door without a permit. Anyone who comes up a) trying to sell some object like a GPS etc or B) with a hard-luck story asking for cash c) claiming to represent a company or charity without supporting paperwork etc. is going to get called in.

Have a standing rule that neither cash, check or CC info crosses my threshold for anyone soliciting at anytime. If it's a legit organization they should have a booklet etc and a website I can go to for more info and to contribute there if I like.

Still amazed though at how many somehow fail to read or register the no soliciting sign on the front porch ...

Doesn't happen often, but better safe than sorry.

8. inkdaddy

inkdaddy Member

I would think the story would speak for its self. !2:40pm on a Wednesday/Thursday. Banging on my front door wanting to sell a GPS??...car in my driveway all smashed to hell, with two broken headlights....I told the dispatcher and the LEO the exact same thing as I told on here, scanky looking woman, banging on my front door wanting to sell an electronic item, told the dispatcher I had a gun, told the dispatcher, I asked the woman if she was trying to get herself shot, told the dispatcher that they left in a vehicle with two broken headlights. The Dispatcher and the LEO's on duty put the rest of the story together enough to warrant a vehicle stop and arrest.

Does anyone here think that I should have stopped after they left my property?? or that 911 was not a proper follow up response??
    I don't know about you...but people do not come knocking on my door at 12:30 1:00 am to visit or solicit....

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Wow, they looked nice. Good job, ink daddy.

I don't think I would have even opened the door.

10. ga_trucklvr

ga_trucklvr Member

I do not think you should have stopped at all. Especially after you just clarified that this "visit" took place at just after midnight! (12:40 p.m. is just after noon). If someone comes to my door knocking at that time, you can bet your last dollar that I answer it with a gun in my hand (and possibly a BUG in my pocket :lol: ) and the wife will be behind me with the phone in hand to call 911 if needed.

Those two were up to no good. Chances are they were checking to see if anyone was home before they broke in. If you had not spooked them, one of your neighbors would possibly have been their victim.

Calling 911 took two ner-do-well's off of the street. At least for a while. They will commit no crimes while incarcerated, which is what they were obviously planning to do.

Good Job! :righton:

11. zetor

zetor Well-Known Member

Your sales pitch was better that her's.

12. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

I didn't mean to offend you. I may or may not have called LE. I was just wondering what you based your reason for calling on. Sometimes I get visitors at that hour. But I haven't gotten any solicitors. I think I would've just told them to pound pavement.

As for calling 911 I do not think it was an emergency. I would have used the Sheriff's Office dispatch. I always keep my local counties dispatch numbers programmed into my phone and have the dispatch for the county I reside in memorized.

13. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

LOL... She's probably like 19.

Don't know that I would have even answered the door, but the story here is pretty funny.

14. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

wow, thats crazy man. i almost had to draw on someone this evening, not a good feeling.

15. SYN ACK

SYN ACK New Member

You should have asked her if she would trade two used HP bullets. :D

16. 1str8shot

1str8shot New Member

only fired once.....

17. seereus

seereus Active Member

Appears she lied to you. Her name was not Gabby.

The nerve of some people!

18. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

IMHO, calling 911 with descriptions was the right thing.

FWIW, they weren't selling a GPS, they were selling a special brand of crazy. They are lucky they ran into you first instead of somebody with a shoot-first disposition.

19. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

You did right, inkdaddy.