DUI Racket

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qAk_aSuU_s[/ame]

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

With my back issues and mild vertigo, there's no way I could pass any of the field DUI tests that involve feet or legs, stone cold sober.

3. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

And that's why you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER EVERRRRRR agree to a field sobriety test. EVER. Make them drag you the the PD or the hospital.

4. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

"...but, but, but... if you do really well, they'll just let you go..."

Riiiiight.

5. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Ha..no doubt.

This takes me back to a story from the era of 1990-1991...when I was 16/17 years old. I was on Austell Rd coming back from a girlfriend's house around 2 or 3 in the AM. I think I had to work or something, so I wanted to get home to get a little sleep. Anyway, during this period of time, Cobb County ran radar EVERYWHERE. Most of my friends had 5 or more speeding tickets and a couple had their licences suspended before they were 18 years old...it was crazy then.

As might be expected, I got stopped for doing about 15 over the limit (I think the limit was 50 at the time) and was immediately harassed about drinking and driving. I had not been drinking (and didn't drink since I had spent several years dealing with two parents who were alcoholic idiots!) but the cop wasn't hearing it. When it was all said and done, there were 6 patrol cars and a paddy wagon behind me and probably 8 different cops. I eventually gave in to doing the breathalyzer (after repeatedly refusing to do the walk the line crap) and even though I registered a whopping 0.0, they continued to harass me. I would guess that traffic stop occupied about an hour of my time...it was absolutely ridiculous. AND...they didn't even write me a citation for the speeding!

Anyway...that day forever changed my outlook on traffic stops...especially in regards to DUI suspicion.

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

See, all they wanted was an hour of your time in exchange for not writing you a speeding ticket. ;-)

But good on you for refusing to do that silly toe to toe dance at such a young age! A sheep you are not! :righton:

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Gestapo suspicionless road blocks and stops, all in the name of "safety." Why can't they just pull people over the old sound way, because they were reckless driving?

Why the police state conditioning?

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

[​IMG]

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

More true than you know