DUI and GFL

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Shoottilempty, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Shoottilempty

Shoottilempty Guest

I've been looking at the codes and can't find anything on this...does a DUI conviction exempt you from obtaining a GFL?

2. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Nope. All you have to do is prove that you've satisfied the conditions set forth by the court (ie, you've paid your bribes, scooped your trash) so that the conviction or plea is considered "disposed of."

3. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

Congrats on being a new member, too! I sure as wouldn't find myself unarmed in Midtown if I could get away with it, either!

4. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

+1

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

No. They have not yet added "people who have been convicted of a DUI" to 16-11-130. :devil:

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

The closest you are going to get is 16-11-129(b)
    No hospitalization or treatment center for alcohol in the past 5 years, then it should be fine.

It could be possible someone is confusing DUI school for an alcohol treatment center. But if it was over 5 years ago it should not matter anyway.

7. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

The little course they make you do that brands everyone that ever went to an SEC game to tailgate as a drunken felonious heathen doesn't count as hospitalization, either.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Seeing how many probate courts cant even figure out that temporary renewal licenses are still a part of the law, I can see how a probate judge could confuse inpatient care at an alcohol treatment center as the same thing as DUI school. :roll: