Due to Prosecutor Misconduct; Mistrial in Cliven Bundy Case

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by psrumors, Dec 20, 2017.

1. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Amazing how we are suddenly becoming aware of massive malpractice, collusion, and misbehavior on the part of the DOJ, FBI, etc.

EJR914 likes this.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

They're not done pounding on them yet?

EJR914 likes this.
  4. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's all Russia's fault.

EJR914 likes this.
  5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Yeps, Russia working in collusion with Trump caused it all. As well as Climate Change.

Nemo

6. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

EJR914 likes this.
  7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

8. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

EJR914 likes this.
  9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I think many people have been aware of the ongoing government corruption at all levels for quite a long time. The problem is no one in the "establishment" is going to rock the boat because they have too much to lose. Now we have someone in charge who can't be bought off and doesn't really care about belonging to it. Trumps first year has been the shits but now it's all falling apart. I believe we're just starting to see how the rats are scrambling to avoid the light and abandon the sinking ship. The next seven years should be interesting.

Schweisshund and EJR914 like this.
  10. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I don't know if I'd call it "egregious prosecutorial misconduct" when a government-hating scofflaw is charged with calling for the y'all Queida redneck militia to back him up and let him commit the crime of interfering with federal agents with the greater threat of murder of those police officers by his family and the redneck militia AND SAID SCOFFLAW (who denies that any federal courts or judges have any authority over him or his case in the first place) want detailed evidence of the type of surveillence the government had on him, going back 10+ years. None of that sounds relevant to his current charges.

Even if the evidence he wanted to get proved he was being very carefully spied on by the feds for the last decade, it would NOT be evidence of any justification in the law. You can't chase cops or other government workers off federal property because you want to keep grazing your cattle there, free, illegally, after being ordered years before by other federal courts to stop it. EVEN IF the cops had been patrolling around your home, watching you come and go, etc. You can't take up arms to try to stop that.

Now maybe the gov't sniper thing has some relevancy in his defense, if he can use it to make it sound like he had a reasonable fear that the government would just come and kill him rather than just stop his cattle-grazing. If the government agents pulled guns first and he says he called out the hick militia to save his life and be a peacekeeping force, that could be something worth taking to a jury (If I were on the jury, I don't think I'd buy it or have any sympathy for him, but the sniper v. peacekeeping force issue probably should be put to the jury for their evaluation).

11. gunsmoker

Honestly, I think that if you don't pay a speeding ticket and then have an armed stand-off with the cops who want to arrest you on a bench warrant for not coming to court to deal with the ticket...

...or you call up your skinhead mouth-breathing buddies to bring weapons to help stop the City's appointed work crew for putting up a "TAX FORECLOSURE NOTICE" sign in your yard when you haven't paid your property taxes in 20 years...

I think you really should be taken out by a sniper.
    I see no need to expose innocent law enforcement officers to the danger of trying to take you alive. You want to live by the gun and wave your "gun rights" against the government and its appointed assistants from the private sector? Okay, you can die by the gun too.
    If you're crazy and stupid enough to give your wife and kids guns and have them make threats against the cops, cops should shoot them down too.
    And every bit of it would be your fault, for being the government-hating scofflaw that used your "second amendment gun rights" to try to keep your ongoing criminal activities free from law enforcement interference.

12. Nemo

Yes it is.

Nemo

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2017/06/fbi_agent_indicted_accused_of.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/oregon_standoff_fbi_agents_und.html

13. moe mensale

Really?

14. moe mensale

Under what Constitutional authority does the federal government claim the right to own nearly 1/3 of the country's land mass? Or in Nevada's case nearly 80% of the state's land mass?

Article 1, Section 8, Enumerated Powers, allows the Congress to exercise control over the land used for the seat of government (DC) and land for forts, docks, buildings, etc used for federal purposes. It doesn't allow for the wholesale acquisition of millions of acres of property just for the hell of it.

Article 4, Section 3, Clause 2 seems to be interpreted to allow for no limit to the amount of land the federal government can own and contradicts Article 1, Section 8.

Isn't this the real issue that Bundy - and many others - is fighting over?

Ken1961 likes this.
  15. gunsmoker

I don't care how the federal government got the land.
    Really, it doesn't matter.
    You can't tell the federal district court that you'll wipe your but with his judicial orders.
    You can't tell the feds that you'll graze your cattle without paying any fees that are 20 years overdue, and then have armed men brandish guns to keep the cops and federal agents away.

Whether Bundy was right or wrong as to the cattle issue, he can't use treason and insurrection as a tool. If he does, he and all his supporters should expect to die.

16. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

not many folks taking GS's bait these days...

17. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

While I've read a lot of the news related to this standoff and subsequent trial, I don't know if I still have the actual facts for all of what happened. With that said, I think that the government/BLM overstepped, as did the subsequent response by Bundy and his followers. Was it necessary? Was there no other recourse? With all of the opinions presented as facts, it is hard (for me at least) to tell, but maybe two wrongs will make a right. Maybe this gives the BLM and the government as a whole pause to recognize that there are limits to government actions that will be tolerated and, at least some people, remember that this is a constitutional republic of, by, and for the people. Be they right or be they wrong, some will stand enforce that belief and, while it may not be many, it may be enough. Maybe the outcome of this is that, in the future, we can find ways to avoid this on both sides.

18. Nemo

In the true idea of govt serving people it does matter.

Yes you can but the govt will come in and kill you and on rare occasion get found out that it was another of their routine murders.

Yes you can and offer to to pay it to the state. But they will hunt you down and try to kill you later. If that doesn't work for them they will just jail you for a long time. Govt rules all by the rules they decide they should and if you don't agree you go to jail.

Nemo

19. gunsmoker

Furthermore, while I don’t know or remember what opinions you have posted in the past in other threads about the Bundy cattle grazing stand-off in 2014 or the Bundy / Militia seizure of the federal building and lands at the Malheur WIldlife Refuge in 2016, I’ve been very consistent with my opinions in both of those other threads. It’s not “bipolar” or fluctuating; it’s very principled and consistent in the application of those principles.

20. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Deleted - Reposting

[​IMG]

gunsmoker likes this.