Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Dry fire practice

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  seajay 
#1 ·
I recently came across this training website. You can certainly do these exercises on you own, but it looks like a helpful way to organize your training. They do offer a free 14 day trial by clicking the box in the upper right side of the web page:

Dry fire practice

#3 ·
#6 ·
Here's an interesting related note. Yesterday's Cherokee Gun Club IDPA match had a little different format than usual. Revolvers and autoloaders were equalized by limiting all magazines to 6 rounds only for autoloaders, so auto were limited to having 18 rounds to shoot per stage because only two spare magazines are allowed. The nature of the Courses of Fire was such that you had to make each and every shot count. Based on some of the FaceBook comments about the match, this accountability was quite traumatic to many of the auto shooters.

I was stunned when I saw the results because the tremendous number of points down shooters incurred. In IDPA, points down for the match bears an inverse relationship to the accuracy of your shooting. More points down = less accurate, less points down was more accurate. Of 66 shooters, only 9 had less points down than me. This despite the fact that I was shooting a 3 inch S&W Model 10 revolver. There is also a penalty (FTN) in IDPA for not getting at least one good hit on a target. According to one quant on FB, last month's match had 24 FTNs, this month's had 88.

What made it interesting to me was that at least 4 of those 9 accurate shooters have used my dryfire program. I guess it produces results, which is what I am about - producing results, not feelings.

Here's a short video of the match.

Note the open area that has to be crossed on Stage 4. Three targets, two shots each, and you have to start with no more with 7 rounds in the gun, assuming you did a Tactical Reload after shooting the array at the left side of the stage. Then you get to the right side and you have two partial targets, one at 15 yards, that you have to make two shots each on with only one makeup round available per.

I think trigger jerkers and point shooters got a rude awakening that day.

#7 ·
Pro Target is just another Smokeless Range knock off. I've had Smokeless Range, LASR and IMTTS for years.

For the last 4 or 5 years lots of this kind of knock offs have been coming out. I have had hands on many of them and they just can't meet the standard of Smokeless Range.

Reactions: frankr and Bkite
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.