Driving on ice: Never a good idea

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Xiclotl, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/01/learn ... rs_fly.php
    Let this be a lesson the good people of Atlanta: Next time it ices over just stay indoors!

2. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

:righton:

My old boss is one not-so-intelligent driver who ignored this. He attempted to get to work using a hilly street with lots of little turns in it on Thursday and ended up in a 10-15 care pileup situation much like what happened in that video.

That's gotta be a scary feeling having absolutely no control of your car like that...or at least I think it would be...

3. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I had the security camera pointed at the hill and we sat on the couch and watched it on the 42" LED for 3 days. LOL..

The growl of anti-lock brakes is very distinctive.

4. martin_j001

And you don't have a video clip for us all to check out? That's not very nice of you.

:D

5. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I put the system together really quick and it didn't have DVR software with it. I found some, but was reluctant to drop another $80 for it. (err, my wife was gonna kill me for dumping more money on stupid stuff and I KNEW I had to stay in the house with her for 4 days. LOL)

6. martin_j001

Alright, you get a pass this time. If we have another snow/ice storm, I will be expecting video, though. LOL

7. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

Done... or I'll post the live feed =)