Drill Instructor Going to Prison

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gunsmoker, Nov 11, 2017.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

A drill instructor who sounds like a real life version of the fictional character played by R. Lee Ermey in the movie “Full Metal Jacket” has been court-martialed and is going to prison for 10 years .

He was mean to the recruits. He physically slaped them and chokeed them. He made them feel bad about themselves. He mocked their ethnicity and their religion .
    One even killed himself.

Still, this Marine D. I. gets ten years of prison while a deserter gets probation?????

Not right.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...us/marine-drill-instructor-sentenced.amp.html

2. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Wow. The pussification of America has reached all time highs. If you can not take a little screaming and mild contact what are you going to do when you get shot at. I thought their job was to break those that are weak.

AtlPhilip likes this.

3. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I never got the chance to serve, but appreciate every one that has protected this county.

My dad was in the army in the 1980s and he said that they would scream and call you everything but a Christian.

4. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

That took place before the low life pieces of human excrement(recruits)even got off the bus at Parris Island. What follows is even more fun.
    The DI in this case may or may not have got a little cared away. The deserter will get his due justice most everyday for the rest of his miserable life.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is this published in The Onion?

AtlPhilip likes this.
  6. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

His mistake was bullying a Muslim or two

7. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

This goes far beyond any kind of "manning up" that DIs should impart.
    Read the rest of the article. This went way too far.

janedoedad likes this.