Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
Why not? He has been doing it since he was 5 so why change now?

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Thank you for correcting my mistake. And the insult. At least I can read.:)
He had never know anything but Mexico when he came here so what would be the problem of his returning to Mexico when he was old enough and knew he was here ILLEGALLY. Why is he still taking advantage of the legal residents and citizens of this country for only his personal gain to the disadvantage of others?
He is apparently too busy working multiple jobs and going to school to read the misleading nationalistic crap that would put those silly ideas into his head. Family members working multiple jobs to make ends meet and the so-called moral narrative is they’re somehow stealing from the native born who are too lazy to get a job and living on welfare. Just what kind of morally bankrupt definition of self-sufficiency are we preaching here anyway?

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Would you feel differently for his brother? If so, where is the dividing line between 6 months and 5 years?

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
This kind of nonsense cracks me up. Carlos Garcia was so young he has no memories of his parents' country. All he has ever known in his whole life is the United States. Yet you sit here on your moral high horse and declare with a straight face that you would simply leave the country and go to an unknown land (Mexico) that you have only seen on TV or read about in newspapers. And you expect us to believe this horse manure you are spewing.
So you sit there on your moral high horse and even though his parents had never known anything other than Mexico it was fine for them to simply leave the country and go to an unknown land (USA) that they had only seen on TV or read in newspapers.

So in other words it's just dandy if they are ILLEGALLY coming here to a country they had NEVER KNOWN OR BEEN TO but not for them to LEGALLY go to their home country which they had known and even lived there?

People move to countries everyday they know only what they have heard. Just look at what is happening on the southern border right now. Those people simply left the only country they ever knew to come to an unknown land (USA) that they had only seen on TV or read in newspapers. His daddy did it. Then his mother did it and brought him at 5 and his 6 month old brother with her. What would be so wrong with his doing the right thing and doing it?

Yes he should go to his homeland where he LEGALLY belongs. That is the right thing for him to do. I am not going to hold my breath waiting on him deciding to do what's right though.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
Would you feel differently for his brother? If so, where is the dividing line between 6 months and 5 years?
There is no dividing line between Right and Wrong. There is no problem with people moving to a country they have never known. The only thing is they need to do it legally. The right way. They have had the chance to correct the illegal activity they have been living under. They chose to continue to stay here illegally even after they were old enough to know better.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: UtiPossidetis

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Get rid of the income tax and put in a fair consumer tax where everyone pays the same taxes on goods and services and the immigration issue goes away.

There's no such thing a "piece of the economic pie", immigration if it were not for our tax structure would actually create jobs. Instead we have a progressive tax system that makes even conservatives scream about everyone "paying their fair share".

My .02

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Get rid of the income tax and put in a fair consumer tax where everyone pays the same taxes on goods and services and the immigration issue goes away.

There's no such thing a "piece of the economic pie", immigration if it were not for our tax structure would actually create jobs. Instead we have a progressive tax system that makes even conservatives scream about everyone "paying their fair share".

My .02
This. Historically every economic boom this country has ever had has been fueled by some form of immigration.

*I have reservations about how fair tax plays out with unearned income vs spending but that’s for another thread.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
You retard, he was six months old when he was smuggled into the US. Get a clue WTF you are talking about before shooting your mouth off.
You just lost any high ground you may have had here about rudeness among the members. Pot, meet kettle.

And you were also wrong.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
This kind of nonsense cracks me up. Carlos Garcia was so young he has no memories of his parents' country. All he has ever known in his whole life is the United States. Yet you sit here on your moral high horse and declare with a straight face that you would simply leave the country and go to an unknown land (Mexico) that you have only seen on TV or read about in newspapers. And you expect us to believe this horse manure you are spewing.
Why is that my problem? Or yours? Or any other natural born American - excluding so-called anchor babies - or naturalized citizen? Illegal is illegal whether you broke our immigration laws knowingly or not. Blame your illegal parents for your predicament. It's not my problem.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
No. Illegal is illegal regardless of age. That's a major problem, giving passes to those illegals who had no real choice in the matter. It's still not our problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'll pitch in a thought here - one principle at play here is that the kid had no say in whether he came to the US or not. His presence here was initially due to the illegal actions of his parents, so we should be careful about punishing someone who bears no guilt for the situation he found himself in.

Now, you could argue that on attaining adulthood, he should be responsible for regularizing his status by some mechanism since he's now an adult, and a case could be made that the state should provide a path - even an accelerated path - to becoming legal. But the expectation that he will definitely be a burden on the state just doesn't stack up, and the nation does benefit if the individual can take on the responsibilities of a normal, working, culturally assimilated US Citizen.

At present, the US has MANY natural born citizens who are going to be as great a net drain on the treasury and a social liability as any illegal immigrant. Being born in the US isn't just winning the lottery (or even winning the lottery) - there are responsibilities associated with being a citizen, and the average citizen isn't particularly good at meeting them.

It occurs to me that US society is best served by ensuring that individuals with drive and ambition that find themselves this side of the Rio Grande for whatever reason are given support and assistance (where prudent) to improve themselves and become net tax payers which in turn creates wealth for themselves and in turn the nation's coffers (I can't believe I'm advocating for maximizing tax receipts).

America's real problem is that it's too easy for citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants to prosper as net recipients of public largesse.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
You just lost any high ground you may have had here about rudeness among the members. Pot, meet kettle.

And you were also wrong.
Take it easy... I did. Ed and I go back before this forum. He knows (or should know) I was not offended or put off by his post. That's why I ended my direct response with a smile...

He has not lost any ground from my point of view.

Reactions: blind_shake

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
I'll pitch in a thought here - one principle at play here is that the kid had no say in whether he came to the US or not. His presence here was initially due to the illegal actions of his parents, so we should be careful about punishing someone who bears no guilt for the situation he found himself in.

Now, you could argue that on attaining adulthood, he should be responsible for regularizing his status by some mechanism since he's now an adult, and a case could be made that the state should provide a path - even an accelerated path - to becoming legal. But the expectation that he will definitely be a burden on the state just doesn't stack up, and the nation does benefit if the individual can take on the responsibilities of a normal, working, culturally assimilated US Citizen.

At present, the US has MANY natural born citizens who are going to be as great a net drain on the treasury and a social liability as any illegal immigrant. Being born in the US isn't just winning the lottery (or even winning the lottery) - there are responsibilities associated with being a citizen, and the average citizen isn't particularly good at meeting them.

It occurs to me that US society is best served by ensuring that individuals with drive and ambition that find themselves this side of the Rio Grande for whatever reason are given support and assistance (where prudent) to improve themselves and become net tax payers which in turn creates wealth for themselves and in turn the nation's coffers (I can't believe I'm advocating for maximizing tax receipts).

America's real problem is that it's too easy for citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants to prosper as net recipients of public largesse.
There is still no excuse for his remaining illegally in the U.S. after he was old enough to know better. He did not have to attend Medical School here either. Mexico has Medical Schools just like almost every other developed country in the world. Even though his brother was 6 months old when he was illegally dragged across the border he still grew up with full knowledge he was on U.S. soil illegally. The free choice to remain here illegally was his and his alone. Just like his parents he was free to make the right choice. The legal choice.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Take it easy... I did. Ed and I go back before this forum. He knows (or should know) I was not offended or put off by his post. That's why I ended my direct response with a smile...

He has not lost any ground from my point of view.
I did take it easy. My comment wasn't full of invectives or expletives. The fact that you (and he presumably) are OK with it is between you two. I was reacting to his oft repeated expression concerning the lack of respect often shown amongst members. And there he went going off on you. It was somewhat out of character for Ed. Hey, I'm not a mind reader. At least I stood up for you! :LOL:

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
I did take it easy. My comment wasn't full of invectives or expletives. The fact that you (and he presumably) are OK with it is between you two. I was reacting to his oft repeated expression concerning the lack of respect often shown amongst members. And there he went going off on you. It was somewhat out of character for Ed. Hey, I'm not a mind reader. At least I stood up for you! :LOL:
Well I do appreciate you standing up for me... Just don't hold it against MP too harshly...😀

·
69,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MP has been temporarily banned for being an asshole. Maybe he will learn his lesson, maybe not. We'll see.

·
NRA Certified Instructor
5,086 Posts
MP has been temporarily banned for being an asshole. Maybe he will learn his lesson, maybe not. We'll see.
Malum Prohibitum Un banned because he is not what he claims to be.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,795 Posts

Nah, he has had a LAWbotomy. So he gets special dispensation.

Nemo

21 - 40 of 67 Posts