Drastic Measures Needed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 4, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.townonline.com/hingham/opinion/x588618535

2. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

20 bucks says she wears birkenstocks too. :)

3. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Well regulated police,,, the same ones that get drunk and fight with 100lb bartenders. Ok when do I get issued my own officer for my personal protection 24/7 :!:

Indians and wolf, I believe we still have some just in differnt clothing.

4. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

So if we make this relevent to today we should change the marauding indians to terrorist and the wolves to the US government from our door.

Yes this same well regulated police force has been deemed by the supreme court as not having to protect us.

And as far as the hunters, I am a hunter with a permit and I choose to store my guns in my own safe (armory).

I would say that the 2nd ammendmant is pretty relevent today.
    :righton:

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

They won't say that the first amendment isn't relevant today... :roll: Why do they have to be so selective with their comments? :x

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Tell this the family of the next homeowner who is killed in a home invasion. Even better, tell it to the mother of that high school student that was killed last night. The list could go on and on and on........

7. dbaker

dbaker New Member

Maybe I'm crazy but don't the police usually show up after a crime is committed? :roll:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Exactly!

I had this same talk with a couple of antis.

I told them that if they don't like the Second Amendment then they should consult their pocket US Constitution (which they did not have like I did) and read Article V. It tells them how to strike down that pesky amendment, but until they do...it is still good law. All the did was grumble after that.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

When I first read the quote, I said this came from Sarah Brady.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I was thinking it was going to be Hillary Clinton.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

They're both interchangeable.

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I've got one of those too Rammstein. :lol:

13. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Is it me or.........

Why is the 2nd ammendment the ONLY one in the constitution that all the anti-gun people say that it is out dated and NOT relevant to today?

If someone where to say that the 1st, 4th, and 5th where out dated and spent the same time, energy, and money to have them removed and say the same argument "they are out dated and not relevant to today" how many of the sheeple would follow along?

:-k :-k
    Just a thought........

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Re: Is it me or.........

They usually say the same thing about the Third Amendment.

15. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Surely the 4th is irrelevant too. Our well-regulated police forces would never unreasonably search or seize a person. Let's ask Ms. Kathryn Johnston for a comment .........

Oh, that's right, she's dead

The 5th, that's irrelevant too, n'est-ce pas? We can all have friendly conversations with the authorities and they would never abuse that. Scooter Libby and Martha Stewart will be on at 6:00 to comment.

16. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

13th can go, we really don't need anything in writing to prevent that around here anymore so what's the point? I'm sure Jesse and Al won't mind.

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I've got an electronic copy on my iPod.