Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
68,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are living in a very different world than when the Constitution was written 220 years ago. The Second Amendment, which enabled every citizen 'to bear arms,' is no longer relevant. When this right was established, individuals feared for their safety from marauding Indians and 'to keep the wolf from the door.
. . .

Today, we have well-regulated police departments to provide for our safety, so the necessity for gun ownership should be limited to those who have permits for hunting purposes. And to provide additional safety, I suggest that those who own guns (hunters) should store their guns in an armory . . .
http://www.townonline.com/hingham/opinion/x588618535

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
20 bucks says she wears birkenstocks too. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Well regulated police,,, the same ones that get drunk and fight with 100lb bartenders. Ok when do I get issued my own officer for my personal protection 24/7 :!:

Indians and wolf, I believe we still have some just in differnt clothing.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
We are living in a very different world than when the Constitution was written 220 years ago. The Second Amendment, which enabled every citizen 'to bear arms,' is no longer relevant. When this right was established, individuals feared for their safety from marauding Indians and 'to keep the wolf from the door.
. . .

Today, we have well-regulated police departments to provide for our safety, so the necessity for gun ownership should be limited to those who have permits for hunting purposes. And to provide additional safety, I suggest that those who own guns (hunters) should store their guns in an armory . . .

http://www.townonline.com/hingham/opinion/x588618535
So if we make this relevent to today we should change the marauding indians to terrorist and the wolves to the US government from our door.

Yes this same well regulated police force has been deemed by the supreme court as not having to protect us.

And as far as the hunters, I am a hunter with a permit and I choose to store my guns in my own safe (armory).

I would say that the 2nd ammendmant is pretty relevent today.
:righton:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
They won't say that the first amendment isn't relevant today... :roll: Why do they have to be so selective with their comments? :x

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Today, we have well-regulated police departments to provide for our safety,
Tell this the family of the next homeowner who is killed in a home invasion. Even better, tell it to the mother of that high school student that was killed last night. The list could go on and on and on........

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
dbaker said:
Maybe I'm crazy but don't the police usually show up after a crime is committed?
Exactly!

I had this same talk with a couple of antis.

I told them that if they don't like the Second Amendment then they should consult their pocket US Constitution (which they did not have like I did) and read Article V. It tells them how to strike down that pesky amendment, but until they do...it is still good law. All the did was grumble after that.

·
Romans 10:13
4,625 Posts
When I first read the quote, I said this came from Sarah Brady.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Gunstar1 said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
When I first read the quote, I said this came from Sarah Brady.
I was thinking it was going to be Hillary Clinton.
They're both interchangeable.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
they should consult their pocket US Constitution (which they did not have like I did)
I've got one of those too Rammstein. :lol:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Is it me or.........

Why is the 2nd ammendment the ONLY one in the constitution that all the anti-gun people say that it is out dated and NOT relevant to today?

If someone where to say that the 1st, 4th, and 5th where out dated and spent the same time, energy, and money to have them removed and say the same argument "they are out dated and not relevant to today" how many of the sheeple would follow along?

:-k :-k
Just a thought........

·
68,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Is it me or.........

tj2000 said:
Why is the 2nd ammendment the ONLY one in the constitution that all the anti-gun people say that it is out dated and NOT relevant to today?
They usually say the same thing about the Third Amendment.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Surely the 4th is irrelevant too. Our well-regulated police forces would never unreasonably search or seize a person. Let's ask Ms. Kathryn Johnston for a comment .........

Oh, that's right, she's dead

The 5th, that's irrelevant too, n'est-ce pas? We can all have friendly conversations with the authorities and they would never abuse that. Scooter Libby and Martha Stewart will be on at 6:00 to comment.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
13th can go, we really don't need anything in writing to prevent that around here anymore so what's the point? I'm sure Jesse and Al won't mind.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts