Douglasville ER

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by ArnoldsPupil1964, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ArnoldsPupil1964

ArnoldsPupil1964 New Member

Went to the Douglasville ER last night after my 10 year old daughter fell in a bike accident. Always carry around the house so didnt even think about it. Went through the doors CCin my Glock 21 and was there for a while waiting for X rays. Had to leave to pick up my son and coming back in I saw a big blue sign that said under Georgia Law firearms and sharp instraments are not permitted in any health care facilities in Georgia???????

2. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

Hope the daughter is OK!

Did the sign happen to mention the GA Code Section? I've never seen the sharp instruments Code Section... not that there isn't one, just haven't seen it. :roll:

3. ArnoldsPupil1964

Ill go up this week and take a pic..there were a few douglasville Sheriffs deputies there but I didnt want to get into a discussion when we were there for our girl...

4. ArnoldsPupil1964

The only one I can find is this:

E. In a state mental health facility as defined in Code Section 37-1-1 which admits individuals on an involuntary basis for treatment of mental illness, developmental disability, or addictive disease

5. Speevl

Speevl Active Member

Ive often wondered if I was CC'ing and passed out or was incapacitated for some reason and ended up in the hospital, what would happen to my firearm?

6. Ruger66

Ruger66 New Member

I witnessed a young man flip on a motorcycle a few weeks back. Stopped to see if he was hurt and he had a huge gash on his left leg. I put him in the car and carried him to the emergency room, where I met his father. I walked in the ER to get a wheelchair for him and then walked back in with him and his father. Talked with them for a few minutes while we waited on the staff to carry him in the back. I was OCing my Ruger the entire time. No one even blinked an eye. I didn't see any signs or evidence that weapons were banned from the premises, unless you consider cigarettes a weapon :lol: .

7. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

In the mid-1980s they had an armed hostage situation there.

8. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Ruger66, you are in South Georgia, where folks tend to be more firearm friendly. The OP was talking about the ER in DouglasVILLE, which is metro Atlanta.

Douglasville, GA, is in Douglas County, East of Atlanta. Douglas, GA, is in Coffee County... in South Georgia

However...thank you for being a Good Samaritan and taking that guy to the ER!!! It's good to let folks see a gun toter do good deeds!

9. Ruger66

Ruger66 New Member

Believe me I am aware of the location differences, as most people think of Douglas County when I tell them I'm from Douglas, GA. I didn't post to say I walked into a hospital in the same area, just that I was able to walk into an ER without any problems. Just adding to the conversation :D .

And yes, I also thought that someone seeing a gun toter being nice to a stranger was a positive reflection on us all.

10. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Ruger66:

Glad you know where you are! I, on the other hand, tend to get lost easily :oops:

Equally glad to know that if you find me on the side of the road, you'll take me to the ER!

Well done!